IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were going to put a BOV on your STI which one would you go with, out of these two. The Greddy type S or the HKS ssqv?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I use the Blitz DD BOV. THe TUrbo XS is my second choice. Out of the two you mentioned I would use the HKS unit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had the HKS ssqv, but now Im running the stock one which sounds much better with the blitz SUS intake.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i thought i read some where that blow off valves are stupid and useless because ur just wasting energy?
im probably wonrg tho....

what exactly is the purpose of the BOV... release unwanted psi in the turbo? -.-a

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
they can serve no purpose on some application except to make noise. it is possible to mess with factory air flow sensors to. once you start getting some serious boost u dont have much choice but to swap it, there is plumb back bov made, which makes a sweet noise plus plumbs air back like the factory unit.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
good to hear, i rarely hear of a bov messing with air flow sensors etc, but it does happen.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
IMHO BOVs are a waste of money unless you are running some huge turbo or did some major mods to your STi. Also if your stock one does not vent to the atmosphere and the one you put on does then you will loose a few hp. Other than for sound there is no need on an otherwise stock or even slightly modded STi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts