IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEy, I hear everyone talking about these Blizzaks, LM-22s, but as I recently found out at tirerack.com, there are two, the run-flats, which also have the higher speed rating, and the regulars. Which one does everyone have????

·
Registered
348 Posts
For $80 apiece less, I went with the non-runflats. They are rated to 130 MPH, so unless you are planning to take your car to 150 in the snow, the H rated tires should be good for you.

T

·
0 Posts
Well put it this way. Just how often do you drive on the snow even though it's winter? For example even though we have plenty of snow where I live, the highways are usually dry pavement, but city streets are covered with snow. Also a big advantage with run flats is that you can take out your spare tire and use that space for winter stuff such as emergency kits, folding shovel, blanket, etc... Personally I went with Dunlop M3 runflats, but I got the runflats because they were out of regular M3's. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the LM-22's mounted on Rota Tarmac II's

So far I am very pleased....Center Diff in "lock" delivers ultimate traction

Dry traction is ok but will break away if you take anything too quick

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Scooby555 said:
I have the LM-22's mounted on Rota Tarmac II's

So far I am very pleased....Center Diff in "lock" delivers ultimate traction

Dry traction is ok but will break away if you take anything too quick
EXACT same setup here. . . . and I wouldn't trade them for anything while I'm snowboarding all season. ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, I finally got the LM22's on Tarmac II's.

I went to 205/50-17's.

I drove to my tire guy in the worst snowstorm so far here in Toronto.
I felt I was commanding some kind of scary hovercraft especially through the corners.

Day and night once the snows went on.

Quite happy so far with this combination.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts