IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Warming up the Car? / Cooling it down?

When I get my Sti I am going to get the infinty kappa 6.1 component and the infinty kappa 5.25 coaxials for the back. Does anybody have an idea of what multi channel amp I should use for these four speaker? Thanks

·
Registered
858 Posts
a refurb'ed sounstream REF multi channel amp will work...

i know a dude in the sacramento area that refurbs these kick ass amps.

·
Registered
858 Posts
00'GT-S said:
How much total wattage should I go for?
buy the amp to match the RMS rating of the speakers. so if the speaker ratings are like 50 watt RMS, buy an amp who RMS output is around 50-75 watts.

btw, ditch the rear door speaker idea. just get a good (to great) subwoofer to match the fronts. use the 2 channel (brodged) of the 4 channel amp...

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Perrin short intake

I dont think ditching the rear speakers is a good idea.... i'd never go for it. Ballance sounds better....

·
Registered
376 Posts
BE CAREFUL!!!!!

man i just got the kappa components...and the tweeters ARE WAY TOO LOUD!!! my friggin ears are bleeding, and cant stop it....but the sound quality is nice.....but man the tweeters hurt bro.....amp wise, check out us acoustics, they have nice amps for the price, they just dont have all the extra features.......if you want good quality sound powerful, checkem out....if your out to compete, these arent for you....

·
Registered
858 Posts
bitabur said:
I dont think ditching the rear speakers is a good idea.... i'd never go for it. Ballance sounds better....
balance?

stereo is 2 channels...

in a proper system, the rear fill will come from the fronts bouncing off the rear reflective surface.

but then again, when 5.1 systems start becoming the norm in car audio, then that's when i'll switch.

otherwise, 2 channel is still king.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts