8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is time for tires and I have it down to

1.) Pirelli Pzero Nero M&S

or

2.) Falken Ziex 512

or

3.) Toyo Proxes 4

The Pirellis are a bit more expensive but look like they handle a bit better and have a better tread wear rating. Pirelli 400 vs Falken 360 and Toyos at 300. All look like they will get the job done, but I am looking for the best buy.

I am looking for personal oppions on each. So who has experience with what and how long did they last compared to the RE070s? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
continental conti-extreme contact.

they rock

edit: i just looked at tirerack and didnt see em :confused:

i hear the pirellis have good wet handling but lack in the snow department. if you get a place with a lot of snow i would steer away from the pirellies.

i dk about the other ones though.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I dont need a/s but Im considering pzero nero ms for the overall value and the fact that there the cheapest in 255/35/18, someone please chime in on there performance value Ie can I still hit the twisties with confidence in these???

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
My buddy and I have been running the P-zero for a long time now on multiple cars. They are great tires!! Ran mine in pouring rain at the Auto-X last weekend and I was shocked how well they did in all of that standing water at high speeds!

·
Indiatr0n in yo IWDPL
8,577 Posts
520hpSTi said:
continental conti-extreme contact.

they rock

edit: i just looked at tirerack and didnt see em :confused:

i hear the pirellis have good wet handling but lack in the snow department. if you get a place with a lot of snow i would steer away from the pirellies.

i dk about the other ones though.
+1

That's why I went with the Contis. Ice/snow traction on the Pirellis was rated pretty poorly, while the Contis had a "good" rating. Pirelli is better in dry, Conti is better in wet.

·
resigned
5,609 Posts
I had the zeix on my last car, and they were mediocre in dry, excellent in wet, and piss poor in snow. I am pretty biased toward not cutting the legs from under your car by sacrificing tire performance, but to each his own...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts