IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard some horror stories about bad tint jobs so am just looking for a shop that does quality work. Any shops that will do a little more than the law allows and put 25% on?

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
"New" STi owner in East TN

Talk to Yukonart, his is a nice tint job. He got 20%, which I would highly recommend. I have 22% (live in OR, same laws as WA) and would not go lighter. Too light and you will regret paying that much for so little tint. Anyway, whoever did his did a nice job.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Tint Man Dave! He did my 2.5RS, and my Formula, and he's gonna do my STi, also. Does really nice work, files the edges.

He posts on NASIOC as SaggioWRX. Give him a holler.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
If you're in the north end, I do recommend VTR in Everett, right on Everett Mall Way.

They've done two cars for me, and sevaral others for my family. I've never been disappointed, and they're upstanding guys. :)

Tell them Art with the silver STi sent you. ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you are in the south end I recomend Pacific Auto Trends. They tinted my past and present vehicles. They use the Llumar tint which is some of the best you can get.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yukonart said:
If you're in the north end, I do recommend VTR in Everett, right on Everett Mall Way.

They've done two cars for me, and sevaral others for my family. I've never been disappointed, and they're upstanding guys. :)
Yea There UpStanding allright, I went in there to get a Quote for Tint, and BUY a Intake for my EK , well the UPSTANDING Guy at the counter was a complete A$$HOLE. He laughed at the idea to tint a WRX wagon and he started Quoting retarded pricing, tint was 500.00 , the intake was 90 bucks, well i went home and ordered it off ebay for 50 Shipped :x

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Damn. . . okay. . . NO. I'm going to call up there and bitch. That's outrageous! :x

Joe, if you still want to go up there and have them do the job (I still would) I'll make sure you pay no more than $220.

That's what they quoted me for Laurel's wagon, and it's bigger than yours. :eek:

I don't know who you talked to, but I've never EVER been treated like that there. I'll straighten this out, bro.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Don't bother, I was thinking a set of Pink Sti springs for the Rex will be a better investment. tint will be the last thing i think we will do. along time ago well 3 years, lol I went to Frankys Tinting on highway 99 north of racing concepts.

·
Registered
454 Posts
StumpJumpinSTI said:
Got a number for Dave? Does he have a shop and tint already?
Dave does it out of his garage, and yes he has the tint onhand. You can find him on NASIOC.COM under the handle SaggioWRX. I don't have his number right now, sorry.

·
Registered
200 Posts
So I want to get my windows tinted. The place I usually deal with has vanished without a trace. Any suggestions for tinting in the Federal Way area? I would prefer someone who is an approved installer for the tint they use so there will be no warranty questions. I am debating between silver and black tint. My STi is black with silver wheels. How have the police been around here as far as cracking down on greater than 35%?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Pralix, talk to Micaiah @ Rainer Auto down in Tacoma (253-474-8021). He does great work w/ the 3M clear shield and I believe the Tint he uses has a lifetime guarantee. Just mention Derek sent you down.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I went by X-Treme Auto Salon in Federal Way and they recomended S.C. Window Tinting. The guy who does it is Shon Cansler. He quoted me $175 to do it. Anyone know about this place/guy?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I finally found this website.
Yes, I'm still around and can Tint any Vehicle you send me!
$200 for sedans, and $220 for wagons. I use Solar Gard Film, the best in the business.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Saggiowrx,
I may need to tint soon I want to tint all the way around includind a very light tint on the windshield. What will you charge? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts