IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have been searching the site but cant find anything was looking to get a v1 or v2 limited front lip but would just prefer to get a replica so i wont be as scared to break it, saw gruppe-s has one for $300 are there any cheaper? thanks

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
NP man, tell me how it fits. Where did I find it for that price? I think I found the site off of here...

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The one on fastwrx.com for $199 is polyurethane and looks different than the v1... it has wings on the ends near the wheelwell... I just installed mine last week. I still have to mess with it some more. You use the original fasteners and it has an adhesive strip to help it stick. It was just a PITA to get it lined up with the fasteners.. We had to bring it back down a couple times and the adhesive strip wasn't holding anymore. I suggest getting better 2 sided tape b4 you start.
As far as the replica for $219 that is fiberglass.. I don't recommend it.. Thats what I ordered originially and the one they sent was broken during shipping, had no adhesive strip, and holes needed to be drilled to make it fit. It seemed REALLY flimsy as well...

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SonicBoom said:
The one on fastwrx.com for $199 is polyurethane and looks different than the v1... it has wings on the ends near the wheelwell... I just installed mine last week. I still have to mess with it some more. You use the original fasteners and it has an adhesive strip to help it stick. It was just a PITA to get it lined up with the fasteners.. We had to bring it back down a couple times and the adhesive strip wasn't holding anymore. I suggest getting better 2 sided tape b4 you start.
As far as the replica for $219 that is fiberglass.. I don't recommend it.. Thats what I ordered originially and the one they sent was broken during shipping, had no adhesive strip, and holes needed to be drilled to make it fit. It seemed REALLY flimsy as well...
the lip you are talking about is only for the 06 the other one that is the v1 replica is for the 04-05 and is polyurethane and i paid 250 shipped to california will be here on thursday and i will post pics:D

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Has anyone else had experience with this replica lip on an 04-05? How did it fit, durability, pics?

·
Registered
39 Posts
if u guys are in the bay area I got mine from a spot called bayson r
I know that they used to have an eBay store but not sure if they
still do anyway it's polyurethane and I got mine for $85...the dude that
posted the diy on panting and installng the lip got his from the same vendor...

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts