IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Just keep checking E-bay Thorn. I know I've seen a few of those for sale on there, can't recall anywhere else though. Good luck senor.

·
Registered
260 Posts
yep, it's a Forester pocket and I picked one up from the dealer and am too lazy to install it now. I kind of got used to the black pocket that came with the car. It's brand new and still in the box if any one is interested. I forget what I paid for it but I'll sell it for cheaper than any dealer's quote. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
slvrsti said:
let me know how much?pics?
um, if that's directed at me, the one that I have looks exactly like the one in the ebay auction link above.......that sold for $41 plus $10 for shipping. Anyone who wants mine, $32 which includes priority mail shipping for within the U.S. Sorry for hijacking this thread.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got off the phone with two different dealerships and they are having trouble finding the part I want. Does anyone have a part number or know the exact description of this part?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got mine from the dealer for 26 bucks...

18.68 from subaruparts.com...part#66128SA040

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ordered from http://www.subaruparts.com/ too for about $25 shipped. The color is actually a pretty good match. It does require drilling a couple of holes to make it fit. Pretty easy to do though and it will hold cd's! I'll post a pic later if I get chance.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Has ne one successfully installed that din pocket above the hu instead of below?? I didn't want my drinks in the cupholder to be so close to the hu so I put it underneath the din pocket. Thing is the top two clips that hold the center console in won't pop back in. It seems the top of the center console piece is rubbing against the din pocket door. So should I just take some material off of the top of the din opening on the center console?? Hope that makes sense to all of you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Walkin Shop Day @ AZP in Kenilworth

I'm not sure if the pocket will fit in the top slot or not but you can enlarge the holes in the mounting brackets to allow for some fine adjustment. Even though I mounted my pocket in the bottom position, I enlarged the holes for a perfect fit.

·
Registered
377 Posts
wewu said:
Has ne one successfully installed that din pocket above the hu instead of below?? I didn't want my drinks in the cupholder to be so close to the hu so I put it underneath the din pocket. Thing is the top two clips that hold the center console in won't pop back in. It seems the top of the center console piece is rubbing against the din pocket door. So should I just take some material off of the top of the din opening on the center console?? Hope that makes sense to all of you.
You wouldn't want the pocket on top, unless you don't mind a big black gap between the pocket and head unit. There bottom of the pocket has about a half inch section of black plastic which extends past the silver part. You can't see it if the pocket is on the bottom since the HVAC trims covers it up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ground that lip off for improved fitment on the top slot already. I now know what is rubbing and will be cutting it soon. Besides the din pocket looks better on the top slot and provides better access to my defi cu

1 - 20 of 22 Posts