IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing a cryo kit a the STi. 50 extra hose power? Maybe. Nitrous express sent a WOT with the kit. Having trouble placing the WOT. Drive by wire, no throttle linkage. Where to place it? I was told by nitrous express there should be a wire to the ECU that tells it when the throttle is wide open. Do you guys know where that wire is or witch wire at the pedal I would use?
Oh also would it mess up any thing if I taped in to it? Not warranty stuff.

joe

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
ECM pinout:

http://www.phear7imports.net/subs/btroop/trey/STi/files/05.%20Engine%20Control%20Module%20(ECM)%20I-O%20Signal.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. I’m not sure that helps. I talked to a Subaru mechanic at Santa Cruz Subaru. He said the wide open throttle sensor in the ECU is registered by a voltage reading from the drive by wire system. And would not work with my set up for a cryo kit . I’d be better off just mounting the mechanical switch near the floor pedal. Simple is better. If I cold just figure out how to mount it.
Thanks joe

·
Registered
153 Posts
There is no binary signal wire for WOT.

I would not say that it would not work but you would likely need to build an opamp circuit to trigger it through a reference to the throttle plate sensor wire.

A mechanical switch on the pedal will likely work 99% of the time - but what to do when you have the pedal floored and for some reason the ECU has decided not to open the plate up to WOT? No I don't know the reasons this would occur - but supposedly the plate position is determined by the pedal then the ECU's decision to agree with your foot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts