IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
??? with a pressure gauge installed after your fuel pressure regulator ???

As Jason corrected - it's before the regulator, not after.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO F....King Sh.....T I know that I'm talking about the psi reading so i know how much it supose to be on the gauge does anyone understand?????

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Pretty sure my first reply properly answered your first question.
You recent post asks a new question, not so clearly, and not so nicely. My FU answer is:

in a FSM - of course

you are welcome!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
You would need to hook up an pressure gauge on the rail, and I cant remember if our rails have the fitting for an pressure gauge.

Or you would get an aftermarket FPR and install a pressure gauge on that.

OR you can buy an inline fitting and put a pressure gauge on that.

OR you could buy Cobbs Fuel pressure sensor setup and run it to your TGVs, and then look on your accessport

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok maybe I can explain my question properly I know I need a gauge to read the psi !. Does anyone know the proper reading on the gauge in idle psi... in boost ... or rev psi the factory readings so I can compare if I have the proper fuel pressure in the car

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
ok maybe I can explain my question properly I know I need a gauge to read the psi !. Does anyone know the proper reading on the gauge in idle psi... in boost ... or rev psi the factory readings so I can compare if I have the proper fuel pressure in the car
its in the FSM

Fuel Pressure with vacuum line disconnected:

Standard:
284 -314 KpA(2.9 - 3.2kgf/cm2, 41-46 psi)

Fuel pressure with car idling and vacuum line reconnected

Standard:
230-260 kPa (2.4 - 2.7 kgf/cm2, 33 - 38 psi)

·
Super Moderator
8,441 Posts
??? with a pressure gauge installed after your fuel pressure regulator ???
*Before the regulator. After the regulator is just a bleed-off of pressure.

NO F....King Sh.....T I know that I'm talking about the psi reading so i know how much it supose to be on the gauge does anyone understand?????
If you want to talk to someone like that here, you better be sure you've addressed your very basic question in a manner that gets the type of response you're looking for.

You would need to hook up an pressure gauge on the rail, and I cant remember if our rails have the fitting for an pressure gauge.

Or you would get an aftermarket FPR and install a pressure gauge on that.

OR you can buy an inline fitting and put a pressure gauge on that.

OR you could buy Cobbs Fuel pressure sensor setup and run it to your TGVs, and then look on your accessport
There is not a fitting on these cars for this... Which makes it a pain.

Standard fuel pressure among almost every car produced is 3 bar (43.5 PSI). Negative and positive PSI of pressure from the manifold will result in a respective pressure change on the fuel rail to maintain a relative pressure of 43.5 PSI on top of the injector vs the pressure on the bottom of the injector.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Yes of course - thank you for the correction Jason.

To the OP:

You asked a specific question but more important are symptoms.

FP in turbo subies is not constant and it is possible to have pressures issues under boost and not at idle. All the hoses, every one near the engine gets old and hard. I think there is just one to the regulator, and the regulator has a diaphragm that can age and leak.

I don't think that fuel pump problems are all that common in stock turbo subies. But, If you have a high milage car and replacing the fuel filter might be warranted anyway its not very difficult to replace the sock and filter.

Reactions: yamahaSHO
1 - 9 of 9 Posts