IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,563 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
another for myles, or u could always try the Brakeman race pads from sojdm ;)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you can run pagid blues on the street, then I DON'T want them for track pads!! I'll overwhelm them...

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,563 Posts
docwyte said:
If you can run pagid blues on the street, then I DON'T want them for track pads!! I'll overwhelm them...
uh huh. i'm running pagid yellows on the street. you think you'll overwhelm them too?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not a fan of running any combo street/track pad. I've been sorry everytime I have. If the Pagid Blues are a true track pad, then I don't want to deal with the lack of cold stopping and noise that they'll make on the street. I have no problem swapping pads...

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,563 Posts
there is no lack of cold stopping with the blues or the yellows. the blues screech like crazy. the yellows are shockingly quiet. as a street pad you may actually, like the yellows better. there is no compromise there.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
BruceChapman said:
there is no lack of cold stopping with the blues or the yellows. the blues screech like crazy. the yellows are shockingly quiet. as a street pad you may actually, like the yellows better. there is no compromise there.
:bow: for running them on the street. I use them at the track and the couple of times I used them to get from the house to the track they squeeled like a stuck pig.

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
CGMDan said:
:bow: for running them on the street. I use them at the track and the couple of times I used them to get from the house to the track they squeeled like a stuck pig.
Thats what I thought. With light pedal pressure, they were the loudest things ever.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that's been my experience with race pads as well. Which is why I run a dedicated set of street pads and another set for the track.

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
That's probably a good idea. Bruce is a brave man for running Yellows on the street, mine are incredibly loud and dust a lot. However, if you are looking for a track only pad, they are incredible. Both the Blues and Yellows are great track pads, you really can't go wrong with either. The only problem is when I switch back to my HPSs for daily use, I am really disappointed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Direct from stoptech is definitely better on pricing.

Running race pads on the street is a good way to waste a good track pad and kill your rotors. In my experience, running track pads on the street gets you much faster pad wear compared to street pads, cold stopping is compromised, and you will not get the advantage of the compound due to the fact that you are running street tires and not race rubber. You need a tire capable of dealing with the torque of the track pad to get the benefits the pads offer. Will they work? Sure. Is it a good idea? Not so much.

Josh, I wouldn't recommend the blues for the track unless you have a lower grip track tire or use a sticky street tire. RA1s or better will have you happier in the Blacks, in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts