IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is in wrong forum..

can anyone show me or point me in the right area of where these sprayer nozzles are located under the hood..ive looked everywhere but underneath the intercooler for them. for the life of me i cant find them. i have the resevoir in the trunk and the button by headlight control.

i see they have them for sale individually at subaruparts.com and was wondering if a couple more could be added. im starting to think they were swiped at dealer
also when i hit the sprayer it seems to make a whine for 2 secs..anyone elses do this?

thanks again for any info?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Look in the area where the hoodscoop enters the hood. In fact, pop the hood and then go hit your IC switch. Come back to the engine bay and watch where the water drips from and you will find it. An alternative is to follow the black hoses that run along the underside of the hood to the nozzles located at the base of the hoodscoop.

The dealer did not swipe them. The whine is normal noise emitted by the motor as it primes and feeds the nozzles with the water. You do not need to add more, and even if you did it would be a waste of time and money.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got it just went out and tracked it down..its on the front inside part of the hood scoop..weird, i had the scoop off to put the screen in it and didnt notice it.. i must missed it cuz i was looking for 2 nozzles one on each side intead of the one in the middle..

thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts