IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So do we have to wait all the way till the Detroit show to find out which front end we will get on the first batch of STi's? I can deal with the front end, but the hood scoop and spoiler are horrendous. Please give us at least one year of the good front end!!! Also, when can a dealer actually place orders for these beasts? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm betting that we're getting the redesigned front ends. It just doesn't make sense to give us the older design and the rest of the world the newer design.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worm, sorry to bug you, but do you think that the spoiler will be an option? I know on cars like these, probably not, but I just wondered what you thought. I think that is the only part of the car i will be completely embarassed about :p Thanks again!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
but do you think that the spoiler will be an option?
Nope it will come standard...you could always swap it with a standard WRX owner though, or I'm sure your dealer would replace it with another one if you wanted to pay for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
turbobuick

Sorry you seem like you're not fond of that "prodrive" style spoiler.

At first I thought it was "over the top" and liked the more subtle look of the current WRX spoiler but you know what ?... I've changed my mind, and I actually think I would take that "prodrive" spoiler now.

Like I said in another post I really like the look of that car! 8) .

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Race at the track...

Ya know, since I printed that picture out and took it to work, I look at that car every day and like it more. When I first saw it, I was ready to go ahead and get a wrx, but after looking at it for a while I'll still get the STi. If the spoiler ends up being that bad, maybe it will have the same bolt holes as the stock spoiler. But then again, I don't want to look like a poser in a fake STi :D

·
Registered
866 Posts
Something new in AutoWeek Magazine

I'm not a big fan of big wings either. Especially when they don't fit the car in terms of looks, some wings work some don't IMO.

It it comes with it I'll just have to live with it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The sti/evo IMO look their best w/ the big wings and since they both have deep rally car heritage they should have them. The supra also has an awesome wing.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
you know I have gone over and over this subject with my wife. She likes the small wing...I am undecided. I don't like big wings, but chawklit you're right the car looks like a perfect match with the big spoiler. I will take it any way it comes!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Anaheim Auto Show

Being a huge WRC fan, I definately want the Wing. Actually, i want it as close to the real 2001 WRC car as possible (gee only $500,000). However, those front lights are pretty sorry looking compared to the bug eyes. The bug eyes give the wrx a completely unique look, you can distinguish it anywhere, they need to keep them, just like the the WRC car (all things revolve around WRC). But i if the performance is good, and they offer right bells and whistles, I won't say no. 8) I'll just cry whenever I see the front head-lights

1 - 12 of 12 Posts