IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gas gauge light comes on when the gas gauge shows just under one quarter tank. Seems a little strange to me that the light comes on that early :-? Is this normal or does everyone's gas gauge come on this early?

My apologies if this has been discussed before... I did a search and couldn't find any reference to it. If it has been discussed, can someone please provide me with a link. Thanks :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooops... I should've specified that when I fill up, from the point the light comes on, that I can put in about 43 litres of gas. So, assuming a capacity of 60 litres, my tank has about 17 litres left when the gauge light comes on.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
And assuming a capacity of 44 liters, you'd have one liter left....

It helps to find out what the capacity specification is...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all!

From what I understand... US Website states 15.9 gal (60 litres), Canadian website states 60 litres and the owners manual also states 60 litres... so unless someone can provide me with some other compelling reason why it isn't 60 litres then I think I'm correct at assuming that capacity.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
we drive high power turboed vehicles that run very rich in fuel. and fuel starvation is bad on any fuel injected vehicles especially ours. subaru even reccomends filling at a quarter. it's just the safe smart thing to do.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I always fill the next time it's convenient after it gets below half tank. Obviously I'll have to adjust this strategy if I take the car on a long trip. :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
I thought it was 2 gallons when the light came on. On long trips with cruise control I've had it go on at 300 miles and filled up at 330 with 14 gallons. Definitely in the pucker factor zone when you are in the middle of nowhere...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Web_Foot_STi said:
I thought it was 2 gallons when the light came on. On long trips with cruise control I've had it go on at 300 miles and filled up at 330 with 14 gallons. Definitely in the pucker factor zone when you are in the middle of nowhere...
Just curious what your average speed was to get 300+ miles?

I am stuck on an island so I wouldnt know.

However,
I am shipping the car to California in a month for a little cross country adventure and considering the purchase of a 2 gallon gas container.
As Sammy Hagar once said " I can't drive 55".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts