IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum, my name is Dave and I drive one of the silver STI's on Ramstein.

Does BBS have special offers on wheels anywhere local or is it cheaper to buy them off an American website and ship them APO?
Also, what's the best way to get track tires?

Thanks!

-Dave

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
What wheels are you looking for?... you are better off ordering from the states..the way the rate is :notsure:

what do you need track tires for? ring?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Most likely I'd order wheels from the states, but if you can find something that fits over here, it may even out with shipping and all...

For tires the best bet seems to order from the states. Track tires are very expensive here. I've had good luck with tirerack and http://frisbyracetire.com/default.asp

Assume you're looking for track-day tires since there really aren't many autox type events here (although there are some). If you're interested in chatting more let me know. I'm going up to the ring tomorrow, even though my brake pads didin't make it in...guess this is the first time I hope it rains when I go!

Todd

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I'd like to get track tires/wheels for the ring. I don't have enough money in my budget for racing all that much, but I figure the best things I could get would be dedicated racing tires and new brake pads. Next would be suspension I suppose. I love looking through tirerack.com, but figured I'd ask the veteran racers here if there were better options. Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
WRXSeven said:
Yes, I'd like to get track tires/wheels for the ring. I don't have enough money in my budget for racing all that much, but I figure the best things I could get would be dedicated racing tires and new brake pads. Next would be suspension I suppose. I love looking through tirerack.com, but figured I'd ask the veteran racers here if there were better options. Thanks for all your help!

If you would like some good track wheels, I got some bronze rota torques to get rid of. $450 and I will bring them to you. They are 17x8's and they are also very light.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, they sound like a good deal. A brand new set sells for around $700 and then there is shipping. But I saw that they are listed as part of your modifications. Do you have 2 sets or are you getting new wheels? Thanks. -Dave

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
WRXSeven said:
Thanks, they sound like a good deal. A brand new set sells for around $700 and then there is shipping. But I saw that they are listed as part of your modifications. Do you have 2 sets or are you getting new wheels? Thanks. -Dave
Pretty sweet deal if you ask me, but i think DEAL is my middle name. :lol: Im getting some oem sti wheels, so no more need for these.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The torques are a good choice. I have a set myself and they worked well for me. And that is a great deal.

After one day with RA-1s I'm liking them quite a bit. Got 11 laps in with them yesterday. I left them at full depth, so they are good in the rain, but until they wear down a bit I'm giving up some grip and feeling they way they are.

WRXseven, I'd recommend carbotech pads for some track/street work. Decent fluid would be good as well...then get to know your car they way it is and start making incremental changes.

Todd

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
boostinscooby said:
Pretty sweet deal if you ask me, but i think DEAL is my middle name. :lol: Im getting some oem sti wheels, so no more need for these.
You must be getting a sweet deal on those OEM wheels.... are they EDM??:bow: EDM is ta **** !

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Are the EDM wheels forged as well? I saw a set this weekend at the dealership and they look like US spec OEM knock-offs.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
YeloFva said:
Are the EDM wheels forged as well? I saw a set this weekend at the dealership and they look like US spec OEM knock-offs.
They are made by enkei and Im not sure but I dont think they are forged. :confused:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
boostinscooby said:
They are made by enkei and Im not sure but I dont think they are forged. :confused:
Oh I see. Don't the 2007 Limited STIs come with the same wheels?

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
They look alomost like these:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, now with those set of wheels, I've been looking for tires. I can't find RA-1s on tirerack.com though. Where did you get yours? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
WRXSeven said:
Well, now with those set of wheels, I've been looking for tires. I can't find RA-1s on tirerack.com though. Where did you get yours? Thanks.

So you are going to buy my wheels? :D If so I will have them off this saturday and if you come to the meet this weekend you can have them then!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
We will also be doing the meet on Sunday! We got the shop all weekend. So does that mean you want the wheels? :notsure:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts