IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I put this in the right place but herre goes. I'm looking for a good inexpensive(cheap) rim to auto-x on, so I don't have to mount and remount constantly on my BBS's and have Billy-Bob scratch one of them. When looking for rims that fit over the brakes what is the problem that so many don't fit, Is it the inside radius or the offset to the inside of the spokes? Any help and/or rim suggestions would help. I'm really not prepared to spend a ton on rims since I will only use them maybe 2 days a month. Thanks :wink:

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Driving School on Sat. 11/15/2003 at Gateway in St. Louis

Rotas can be bought for around $600-650 . . . but there are mixed feelings on them for racing.

I invested in a set of Prodrives (the flowform cast ones, not the forged) for about $1500 and the quality and higher strength means I'd autocross on them in a second. In my case, however, I'll be using my stock BBS rims and RE070 tires for those events. :D

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The offset is the more important part when "fitting", which is dependent on the type of wheel and width of the rim. So, when we do not know for sure what the offset should be, we actually call the manufacturer or the main distributor to have the specific information.

Also, since you will be using these rims for auto-x, I would suggest to balance budget with rim weight :) It really hurts to get heavy wheels in auto-x.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts