IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm picking up my STI on Monday and was wondering what dimensions/measuremnts I should look for when buying wheel locks. Also, is there a good preferred brand to look for? I don't want to buy pepboy's wheel locks that everyone has them. I would put at least 3 locks on each wheel.
What are you guys using?

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
270 Posts
i have always been told that you only need 1 lock per wheel. have i been told wrong??

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
i guess more then 1 would be just added security perhaps?3 different locks on 1 wheel would take longer for someone to figure out if they trying to steal the wheels.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
makes sense...

eatV8 said:
i guess more then 1 would be just added security perhaps?3 different locks on 1 wheel would take longer for someone to figure out if they trying to steal the wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
mkewrx said:
Hi
Also, is there a good preferred brand to look for? I don't want to buy pepboy's wheel locks that everyone has them. ...
What are you guys using?
Thanks
DP
I am not sure of a preferred brand but I think most of us have the optional Subaru wheel locks made by McGard.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it's just for added security. It is easier for a thief to figure out one lock than 3 different ones. Are you guys just using the one provided by Subaru? Somehow it feels like it wouldn't do much, since you can get the lock at any subby dealer. I'm looking for something aftermarket, hard to figure out.
Although I live in Milwaukee, where the crime is not that high, I still wouldn't want to wake up one day and find my car sitting in 4 jackstands :(

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
It'd be sitting on 2x4's, cause the theifs would certainly take their jackstands with them....

I would think maybe the suby locks + one aftermarket brand would be enough. 2 different locks on each wheel....

·
Registered
411 Posts
Wish there was some way to run a couple hundred watts of electricity through the car. That would steer the thiefs away. Too bad you will be liable if some kid gets a ball stuck under the car or a dog pissing on the wheels.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wheel Locks

I would think if a wheeljacker can break four locks quickly, he can break 12 in just a little more time. Anyhow, if you want variety, why not get Gorilla Locks from Discount Tire, get the Pepboys brand, and get the Subaru McGards. That'll cover three different manufacturers and you'll have the peace of mind you're looking for.

TerraJumper :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts