IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright....see how attentive you guys are to details!

While looking at the official brochure that has the WRX on the left foldout and the STi on the right foldout...check out the wheels in all four pics.

WRX still - BBS clearly readable in the center
WRX moving - BBS visible blurred

however.....

STi still - yup, BBS, nice and horizontal
STi moving - woah....where did the writing go???

Anyone noticed in any pics if they have a center cap or different center to the BBS wheels????

·
Registered
866 Posts
At the Peterson showing they had taken off the center caps. But when I got in the car and looked through the glove I found the center caps and they said Subaru not BBS. I didn't ask which center caps the wheels would have. Looks like we'll have to wait-and-see, yet again.

·
Registered
526 Posts
alfredob1 said:
But when I got in the car and looked through the glove I found the center caps and they said Subaru not BBS.
Where they predominately black or gold? If gold that would explain the moving wheel center caps in the brochure having no writing and being gold.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh wow do those look SO MUCH BETTER with the caps in place....

I was actually thinking to myself lately that those wheels look rather cheap/extremely racy without some kind of cover over those nasty looking OEM style lugs.

Where did that pic come from alfredob?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
darwood said:
Those aren't the exact wheels we are getting. They are probably a good example of the Subaru gold center caps.
Yes, different wheels, but same cap style....which appears to be exactly what is in the moving STi pic in the brochure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts