IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
around 500 miles, i'm getting 17'ish. though a freeway drive that took up around 2.5 gallons, i got around 23 mpg...

T

·
0 Posts
Blue STi with clear bra installed

I didn't calculate it myself yet but I can say this, it sucks down gas like there's no tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i've crossed 3000miles. just returned from a 1200mile roadtrip. the return leg was 545 miles and she consumed 24.6 gallons => 22.1mpg. i did the trip in 7hrs so i wasn't trying to conserve gas. >24mpg seems easily attainable with more sedate driving. this car is so much fun to drive on a roadtrip. i can't wait for my trip to indy at the end of september.

·
Registered
81 Posts
TN area dealer

Actually havent measured it yet, but my first tankful got me about 250 miles or so. I am now on tank 3.5 and can smell the 1000 mile marker :) (960 ish) and have a little over a half tank.

I dont normally do testing till the engine is well broken in. I have had some cars that didnt start getting decent mileage to 20k+ miles (1996 Grand Cherokee V8 for example)

I will have to start paying closer attention to my mileage. Which reminds me, what ever happened to those cool trip computers that Subaru used to put into their cars back in the 80's? It seems that alot of manufacturers are shying away from them nowdays... :( My Jeeps had them, when I switched to Infiniti it didnt, the wifes Lexus didnt, and now her Land Cruiser doesnt either? Whats up with that?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I drove two long highway stretches, five autoX runs and some around town fun runs with friends. Totalled 246 miles, on 12.4 gallons. 19.8mpg, knowing how I drove it, I will take that any day.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I just did a 3/4 tank full of pure town driving (my commute is <3miles) 19.4 mpg. Did a 670mi 1 way trip at 80+ and got 22.1-5 on 4 seperate tanks.
I am happy. This only about 2mpg less than I had on the WRX and still better than the trucks that I drive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yep...i am also averaging 17mpg with a combination of aggressive/sedate driving on freeway/surface roads. more aggressive than sedate driving tho :D

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just got back from a 1400 mile round trip. 98% was on a highway.
24+ mpg on the away leg. 22.5 on the return leg.

now back to normal driving will probably drop me back down. and since i'm driving on crappy kalifornia 91 gas (where as the trip was to oregon) and used 92 gas...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just turned 6K and on straight highway driving, being very nice, and cruising at 70-75 I can squeeze out 25+...more realisticly than being nice to it all the time, I get 20-23 in mixed driving depending on how heavy my foot gets. Using 93 octane.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I almost hit the half way mark on the tank. My tank came full when I picked up the car.

So far 120 miles and it's almost at the half point.

Some city and some highway driving. (Trying to alter the conditions to break in the engine nicely)

·
Registered
44 Posts
17/25mpg will be a warm welcome compared to my current toy (Lightning) which gets 9-10mpg in town and 12mpg on the highway. My monthly fuel bill runs over $200 per month just for the Lightning. The STi will cut that in half. Just like giving myself a raise. :wink:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm averaging about 13mpg. I drive mostly stop and go miles..

This is based on the 15.9 gallon tank figure.. in my worst case.. the fuel light came on right at 200 miles.. 12.57mpg if you figure you're empty when the fuel light comes on.. I dunno how much is left after that.. been too lazy to read the entire manual.

It does do MUCH better when on the highway and cruising at reasonably legal speeds. If you like to punch it from stoplights a lot.. you will go through the gas VERY fast.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Sorry, I don't understand ... what's this milage thing you guys keep talking about? There's another thread about how many miles you've put on her already - is it related to that?

Oh, maybe it's related to how often you have to stop, put gas in, and answer a bunch of questions from those drooling around you. Is that it?

:wink:

If I wanted I fuel efficient car I'd be driving a Prius. Bring on the liquid dinosaurs and the global warming - my country's too freakin cold anyway.

Lars

T

·
0 Posts
Ok I did the math today, turns out I did 22 mpg on my last fill up. That included a combination of city, highway, and GET THE FU%$ OUT OF MY WAY driving.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts