IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of talk about the STI pink lowering springs.

Does any one have the v8 Spec C springs on their STI? The excellent Ravensblade spring rate table doesn't list them. I would assume they fall in between the stock springs and the STI pinks in both ride height and spring rate, but I'd like some hard info.

Any BTDTs? Any pics of a USDM with stock shocks and Spec C springs?

Thanks! -Jon

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess the word would be: "dunno" :-?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I thought the pink lowering springs were the same thing that came on the Spec C.

I don't remember where I read that though, which means it's probably wrong. ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Three guesses but no prize. Don't feel bad--no one else seems to know either.

Finally got the answer over on NASIOC from Myles at RaceComp Engineering:

Originally posted by RaceComp Engineering

Ok,..the spec-c springs are regular STI height...and stiffer by 15% over standard v8 STI springs. the pink STi sport springs, called on the instructions, REV-C sport spec -c springs, are the infamous "pink springs". This spring is offered in Japan as a sport spring, and so its rear spring is slightly more progressive, and as Paukl Hanson spoke of in my long thread last summer about the low travel vs. short travel rear suspensions, has a more "sporting" feel to it.

MYLES WILLIAMS

·
Registered
547 Posts
I love the pinks,.when I go to a meet,.all I have to do is let someone drive my car,...bingo,..got a set inthe trunk.." that was last year. I love the springs, I dont think its anything super special, just 100% matched from STI witthe STI struts,....thats rare to have a very linear front coil and slightly progresive coil in the rear, both of which match the rebound and compression rates of the sti strut,.....Thats the big deal. I have been on a serious hunt to find out what the stock compresion and rebound rates are for the sti stuts,..this will enable me to design or have made a coilover with these rates and stiffer or lower for customers to be able to adjust stiffer of softer for their wrx's and sTI's. Stay tuned.

As for pinks,..20 coming in early march. Website will be up inside of 10 days.

MylesWilliams
RaceComp Engineering.

410-707-0108

ps. thanks STILL WILL for all of your support,as well as anyother customers.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Myles...bro,

THANK YOU for all your help, couldn't ask for anything more(well, money is always welcome, but you know... :wink: ). Until then, more suspension mods to come! Trying to get my sig at the bottom to read "100% completion" for the suspension phase. All I have to say is watch out for RaceComp Engineering!

There you have it folks, Myles is getting 20 sets in March...so get your name on a set NOW! You will not regret the Pink lowering springs, trust me. They may not drop the STi low enough to your liking, but that's just a byproduct of what they do...their performance is where it's at. Since they're matched PERFECTLY to the stock STi struts, you can NEVER go wrong with a set of these.

I will post a full write up/review when all my suspension upgrades come in...more to come....

-Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts