IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my STi a few months ago, and I've noticed that the stock seats leave something to be desired as far as back support. I'd like to hear some feedback from guys with the same problem that have found better seats, or someone who has tried a lot of seats and wants to recommend one. I don't live anywhere near a shop that has seats to tryout, and you can't tell much by pictures. All feedback is welcome. Thanks, Okey

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
My buddy has v8 jdm seats in his bugeye and from riding in the passenger seat for long trips and driving the car a few times, those seats really do a good job holding you and giving you the support you need. If I had problems with my back this would be the first option I would look into.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
i know exactly what you mean, i just made a switch to the bride zeta III. HUGE difference! it actually makes my back feel better from work, gym, etc. how tall are you and whats your weight?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dmacalot said:
i know exactly what you mean, i just made a switch to the bride zeta III. HUGE difference! it actually makes my back feel better from work, gym, etc. how tall are you and whats your weight?
I'm 5'10", and about 190

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
if you havent thought of this yet, maybe try posting in your regional forum and meet up with some others with aftermarket seats. i would think anything is better than the stock seat, blah!

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
For someone your size, I think the Recaro Speeds would feel great. I'm 5'11" 200 and they are a perfect fit for me, 100000x more comfortable than stock. Let me know if you have any questions about them, we are a dealer for both Recaro and Sparco.

-Dan

·
Registered
421 Posts
i sat in the jdm seats and holy god they are comfortable, they dont look very aggressive either... i really like the stock evo seats though which are recaros

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I love my Recaro Sports. They offer alot of support and honestly made my back feel so much better. The stockers are milk crates... The sports have adjustable lumbar support which is really nice. Also they come in a color scheme that almost matches the stock seats perfectly. Good luck!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am 6'3" and 220lbs. I have JDM seats. I love 'em. Good support all over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts