IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I going to buy a meth kit tonight:naughty: . Can anyone help me out with picking the right one? Best one to install. Does one kit make more power? Are some more realiable? Some advice would be great thanks.

Current set up
AP Stage 2
Maddad DP
Borla CB
APS inlet
Perrin equal headers.
More F'n Heat wrap than you can imagine:lol:

·
Registered
876 Posts
The trick is probably to find the right value. I can tell you right away who makes the best Water Injection/Meth kit... Aquamist. But it costs alot of money. Every option under the sun including flow measurement, failsafes, custom maps, blah blah blah.
Alot of folks use Coolingmist and other brands that are less expensive with good results.
I only know that I have Aquamist, and so far is has worked out for me other than some install snafus.

·
Premium Member
4,595 Posts
I've got the Aquamist 2D and as Rainmaker said they are pricey. Mine was ~850 plus another ~220 for the Spec-C tank. But it works perfectly and also tells me when it doesn't feel good too. It's a variable delivery system that takes it's signal from injector pulse width. Maintains a more or less constant ratio between fuel and water/meth.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I chose the SMC kit just for the ease of install, stealthness, and I got a great price on the unit. Other kits use some trickier technology that I like/dislike. For a simple set up I say go with the SMC kit but if you plan on doing some advance mods/tuning I would go with one of the more high-tech units. Now that I tune like crazy, I am looking into some other units that may give me better control of spray points based on rpm and load and etc. But if you never plan on using some of these additional features I would say go with a basic type kit like the SMC.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the SMC and had a pump fail on me last weekend on the dyno. Called them up and overnighted one with no questions asked, good service.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Some folks have integrated parts of kits with others such as Snow. Check out the Nasioc meth forum.

·
Registered
763 Posts
My favorite is the Snow Kit. I will be running this in the next few weeks. They are local for me however, and you can always get a hold of them and ask for help. That is what I like best, there customer service.

·
Registered
12,547 Posts
crystal_Imprezav said:
I chose the SMC kit just for the ease of install, stealthness, and I got a great price on the unit. Other kits use some trickier technology that I like/dislike. For a simple set up I say go with the SMC kit but if you plan on doing some advance mods/tuning I would go with one of the more high-tech units. Now that I tune like crazy, I am looking into some other units that may give me better control of spray points based on rpm and load and etc. But if you never plan on using some of these additional features I would say go with a basic type kit like the SMC.

+1 for the SMC, simple and extremely effective. They also back their product like no other.

·
Gunnin' it.
5,152 Posts
SMC is a great bang for your buck. However, as others have said, Aquamist or Snow Injection are great and have a lot of failsafes, but on the pricey side. I have and SMC kit on my '87 buick, and when I needed some replacement parts, words do not describe the service that I recieved.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Snow Perf. kit. Has a failsafe, good boost control, and works great.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
WOR440 said:
I have the SMC and had a pump fail on me last weekend on the dyno. Called them up and overnighted one with no questions asked, good service.
Did it fail while you were in boost? How did you know it failed right away? More details please.

·
Registered
501 Posts
This is one category where I feel you should spend the money. Aquamist all the way. Too many blown motor stories for me to be comfortable with the cheaper alternatives.

Or the ultimate, Hydra +Hydramist :) But for AP guys, the Aquamist is the way to go.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts