IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i got about 700 to spend on a headunit and speakers, dont really care for a sub and amp right about now, ill get those later

so what would be a nice setup for about 700?

(i listen to mostly rap and techno)

just asking because i know jus a little about sound systems :) so hoping you guys could help out :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
If you need to go cheap, you should do your own install and buy your stuff online. Etronics is a fairly cheap online retailer, check them out.

700 is gonna be pretty tight for a complete system, especially if you like stuff with Bass which you are indicating, :) You may be better off buying a set of speakers and a head unit for now, and saving up some more to get your sub and amp seperately.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, was just planning to do installs by my self and just buying the headunit with the speakers and tweeters, but i wouldnt know what would sound good with what, which is why im asking :D

i would be buying the sub and amp later after i get some more money saved up,

but for now, just the headunit and speakers

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have to recommend first figuring out exactly what you want, down to the model number, then hit up froogle - www.froogle.com. Search for the model name and number, then sort by price, and you'll find some fantastic deals. I discovered www.hookedontronics.com this way, which has amazingly low prices.

jason

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Alpine 7995 (250 on ebay new), 4 semi-decent speakers, a good sub amp (something like zapco or something solid), and a good sub. For subs go to soundillusions.net. Brahmas and such can be had for around $300-$250 and can outdo JL W7s. They were my first forum and are awsome and know a lot about audio. They taught me everything I know, I have just been out of the car audio scene for about a year so my memory is fuzzy. Good Luck. Also anything by ADIRE audio is hella good and very high quality and cheap. I went from having 2 of their Shiva subs to 2 tempests and have been pleased with their quality and power... that and they cost like $100 each, as you buy them straight from the factory. Brahmas Im sure will blow you socks off.

Robert~

also thats if you want bass... if you want serious quality all around it'll take more then $700 im sure.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
yoshar said:
Hey, i got about 700 to spend on a headunit and speakers, dont really care for a sub and amp right about now, ill get those later

so what would be a nice setup for about 700?

(i listen to mostly rap and techno)

just asking because i know jus a little about sound systems :) so hoping you guys could help out :lol:
Funny you should ask. I spent aprox $650 on the following by buying stuff off Ebay as new.

Alpine 9815 with the xover set to 50Hz with a slope of 2, max volume of 22 sounds pretty damn good.
MB Quart RCE-216s
IA for the mounting hardware - they have a fitment pdf

Link to IA post if you haven't seen it:

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3511

-st

1 - 7 of 7 Posts