IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
they installed it on an STi, i saw it at the international car show in chicago! its really sweet the wheel weld and rims just perfectly fit good, plus theres an adjustable 3 settings for that system. Id check out praxis website for more info!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Probably easier to ask Ken on the original thread.

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5920

From what he has said in another thread where I added an inquiry within discussing another topic, I believe it has thus far shown to be what he has expected from it. Hopefully he will come out to VIR in a couple weeks and then come back with more substantive feedback for you and others following it.

I think a WRX had them on at Summit Point but I don't recall seeing it run or stand out during the HPDE.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I just saw that system today at the Chicago Auto Show, I was quite surprised at how much the car can raise and lower. It was almost 3 inches, :eek:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
nice ey!

·
Registered
487 Posts
You'll compromise with tire scrub at certain settings with this setup.

I'm gonna wait till the prodrive active suspension setup comes out so I can tune the camber and everything and it'll stay put.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
i can see you rpoint anti, but im really not sure about this praxis system myself, i just trust the conventional spring/strut combo myself ya know, then u know its set and wont budge, over time electronics break down ya know

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
How difficult is it to change the ride settings? Is it on the fly? Can you do it while moving?

Doesn't the car need to be re-alligned for what must be a pretty drastic change in camber?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
its prettty simple, touch of a button the car raises or lowers! its like a 3 switch hydro system basically!!! the car car doesnt need to be aligned and the camber actually looks normal just the car or body comes up or down basically its a crazy system!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Yea but if the car body comes up or down, and the tires stay on the ground (which obviously they have too) the angle that the tires are making with the road surface is gonna be changing - which changes camber.

I think it would be best to lower it as much as it can go (or as you'll ever use it), and then have the camber set as much negative as you're comfortable with. That way when the car raises up, it'll probably still be an acceptable camber value.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
yea i know what your sayen, but this is the first system i seen that there really wasnt a camber , compared to our conventional setups

·
Registered
487 Posts
True fast sti but I read about that kit and there is a small compromise when it comes to the "perfect" alignment, but I think that would be negated when you drive it hard anyway. Your gonna go through tires driving fast so a little scrub may/may not be worth it to you.

I see your point on the electronics, I beleive they use some type of electromagnetic fluid in the shockbody like other active systems and certain amounts of voltage input can change the viscosity of the fluid and chenge your dampening rate. As far as they compensate for G-load in cornering I don't have a clue. But the system lookes pretty tight and it uses coilovers so it must all be in the body of the strut itself.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
No, the Praxis doesn't have electromagnetic fluid in the struts. It is air springs that are adjustable on the fly combined with traditional hydraulic struts that are adjustable only when the car is parked.

And, yes, the alignment is something of a compromise. The Praxis engineers have recommended settings. Since the WRX is the first Praxis application, it fits like a glove.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I was referring to the new prodrive kit that isn't out yet. I was just assuming it used electromagnetic fluid but this is just guessing. Have you heard any details on this system yet?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The Prodrive suspension sounds awesome. It'll be really impressive if they can pull it off. However, it uses conventional springs, so ride height isn't adjustable on the fly.

Maybe if the Prodrive dampers work, they could be combined with the Praxis springs. Now that would be one helluva suspension.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just saw an example of electromagnetic fluid. Did you know it costs $4,000.00 a gallon?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts