1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Your guess is as good as mine...

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Long story short his motor blew on the pump tune by FLi. They're having the motor redone by Cobb to get rebuilt to spec. The tuning is left up to him and I'm pretty sure I know where he's going. He's a very good friend of mine and I'll let him chime in on this as well.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
blown motor on pump...ouch, sorry to hear that...

·
Registered
772 Posts
He is getting a flux capacitor installed. He should get some nice power but it's going to take a while to tune.

·
Registered
247 Posts
BM_STi said:
Long story short his motor blew on the pump tune by FLi. They're having the motor redone by Cobb to get rebuilt to spec. The tuning is left up to him and I'm pretty sure I know where he's going. He's a very good friend of mine and I'll let him chime in on this as well.

to make a long story short, it was during that heat wave we had ealier in the summer. it was 105 out side and i was on the highway going to USAF_STI's house. I was doing a pull in fifth gear and the boost spiked to 28lbs on 91 oct gas, and thats all she wrote. It was a perfect combination for the end result.
High temps, boost spike, low octane gas, and relying on a piggy back to handle a setup that big. I learned a valuable lesson about the Access Ports abilities that day, ha ha ha. On a Good note though the motor is back at Cobb getting all new parts put in and being respeced so i will have a brand new motor when its all done, and i am buying a stand alone to handle the engine management duties. so im down but im not out and i will see this project through until the end. Ive put to much time and money into it to just turn my back on her and give up. i must stay the course, i owe the car that much. The one positive thing about all of this is that i bought the car brand new in November of 04, and i still havnt hit 8,000 chasie miles on the odometer yet. Gotta love low miles ha ha ha. To MarkGSTI, thiers no Hype baby, its the real deal, its just taking a little longer then expected. I really
enjoyed your video on the gruppe-s post by the way, hope to see some 10 second passes soon brother. As for the project i guess im gonna have to start a new journal, "Poject Cobb Race Block Revisited". ha ha ha, Stay tuned.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
STI*FEVER said:
to make a long story short, it was during that heat wave we had ealier in the summer. it was 105 out side and i was on the highway going to USAF_STI's house. I was doing a pull in fifth gear and the boost spiked to 28lbs on 91 oct gas, and thats all she wrote. It was a perfect combination for the end result.
High temps, boost spike, low octane gas, and relying on a piggy back to handle a setup that big. I learned a valuable lesson about the Access Ports abilities that day, ha ha ha. On a Good note though the motor is back at Cobb getting all new parts put in and being respeced so i will have a brand new motor when its all done, and i am buying a stand alone to handle the engine management duties. so im down but im not out and i will see this project through until the end. Ive put to much time and money into it to just turn my back on her and give up. i must stay the course, i owe the car that much. The one positive thing about all of this is that i bought the car brand new in November of 04, and i still havnt hit 8,000 chasie miles on the odometer yet. Gotta love low miles ha ha ha. To MarkGSTI, thiers no Hype baby, its the real deal, its just taking a little longer then expected. I really
enjoyed your video on the gruppe-s post by the way, hope to see some 10 second passes soon brother. As for the project i guess im gonna have to start a new journal, "Poject Cobb Race Block Revisited". ha ha ha, Stay tuned.
Sorry to hear about your car but as with any big project problems do come up :(

Best wishes on the rest of the build, hang in there.

·
Registered
247 Posts
thanks for the support fellas, and i hope to be back in a subaru soon,
until then i,ll be repping the 1989 Mazda b2200 pickup. (AKA) The B2 Bubba
ha ha ha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts