IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well, as long as the receipt is clearly dated prior to the sale of the car, I would go get compensation. Any repair should be reported to the buyer prior to a sale.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would go back to your salesperson, show him the reciept and the door dings and see if they can do anything about it. Be nice and courteous tho, since you didn't report it on the presale inspection ne repair or compensation will be out of good faith.

Thats y when I went to pick up my car I went over every square inch of the car, even ignoring the salesman as he was trying to explain some things about the car. I found a couple of very faint scratches on the paint and reported it on the inspection form and the very next week had them buff all of them out.

Neways goodluck

·
Registered
77 Posts
that really stinks. I would take it to the salesperson you got the car from, be nice forsure and dont get pissed. I would be willing to bet that he did not know this happened.

I was at the dealer that i got my car at a few weeks ago and there was a black STi in the show room and i was checking it out. The paint looked great all over the car but behind the 2 front wheels, where the door meets the front fender, there was either a ton of dirt there or somebody went through the clear coat of the car with a buffer. When looked at there was absolutely no shine there and it felt like the paint on a really old beat up car. I feel bad for the person that gets that car

·
Registered
376 Posts
you paid for a 30k car so you have the right to complain about that stuff....besides i think the dealers SHOULD have let you know about that...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts