IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diamond audio

What would an STI run in the 1/4 mile with turboback exhaust, intake, and a boost controller only turned up 2 psi from stock??

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
depends on driver... probably mid - high 12s. Intake supposedly hurts performance so... i dun know. Im hoping to find out soon if UPS ever shows up.

Robert~

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Intake will work, but you have to flash the chip.

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's when you reset the ECU in the car. Usually the best thing to do after installing new intake equipment (short ram or cold air). Basically the car will retrain itself to handle the increase of air it's getting. Good way to get the most performance out of your aftermarket air filter. Although im not sure about this but I have heard that flashing the computer can void your warranty, but like I said, Im not sure.

Drive Safe

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are you talking about flashing the ECU or resetting the ECU?

Those are 2 different things. Resetting just means you disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and then reconnect to wipe out the ECU's learned settings.
Reflashing the ECU will actually change the programming on the ECU by taking the computer out and reprogramming it with something completely new.

I used to flash program EPROMs at work :D just not car computers, but same concept.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Intake, you will need to reset the ECU to get rid of the CEL that will appear after the intake is installed. You don't have to reset it though. The ECU CONSTANTLY adapts to chages made. When installing intake be sure you research on which ones do NOT effect the MAF sensor. Some intake can sneak air past the ECU without being accounted for, making you run leaner and cause some tooning problems.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Some was asking about a titanium turbo?

Is that car-tooning? :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts