IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just out of intrest sake... and for the fact that we have nothing else to talk about...... WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR???? How much did you pay... and where is it now!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went in to a little hole in the wall shop and bought an 86' civic 1500s.... lol... I paid 5k cash... Candian... The little oriental guy all but jumped out of his car when I threw the roll of hundreds at him... I'd been saving up for 3 years... THAT was a fun car!!!!! I stripped it, did a header back exhaust and a custom air intake... and a few other tweeks... I was pumping out 120hp at the wheels... and it weighed 1300lbs... I couldn't keep the front end on the ground.... lol... AHHH... paying cash.... Man times have changed!!! Some bad man named Dallas drives it now... :cry: If it's still on the road... mind you, the chances are it rusted out years ago!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
My first car was a 1988 Black Honda CRX Si. Sure was a fun little two seat car.

I have no idea what happened to it since I traded it in on a new 1992 1/2 Honda Prelude VTEC when those were first introduced.

·
Registered
526 Posts
My first car was an '86 Mercury Sable station wagon. It was a hand me down from my grandma. I got it in '92 and it only had 60k miles on it but the bumpers had been all scraped to hell, which is pretty much why we got it from my grandma. She could not renew her drivers license since she couldn't pass the tests.

The thing only has 120 hp, weighed a lot, had inadequate brakes for the weight, and the transmission went out at 65k miles. The thing went to the Mercury dealer so many times we got a discount. The biggest problem was I never could refuse anyone a ride since it sat 8. I drove a lot of people around. :p

The best part was it had a front bench seat. Oh yeah, those come in handy when you're in High School. :D

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Goose said:
Hey, just out of intrest sake... and for the fact that we have nothing else to talk about...... WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR???? How much did you pay... and where is it now!
1971 2 Door Buick Skylark w/ 350 engine. Price paid in 1980: $600
The car was beat to hell when I bought it. It would only leave rubber if I punched it while making a right hand turn.

Got that baby to my house and installed an 8-track* player first thing :)

(8 tracks preceeded cassette's, which preceeded CD's (for those of you born in the 80's...))

·
Registered
67 Posts
-= Oh my god =- Will go eventually into STi when i get $$$

86 Cavalier RS! $3500.00 in decent condition, only thing was that the electronic dash kept going out on me :cry:

·
Registered
87 Posts
just pitched in a measley $5, but if everyone did, hey...

My first car was a 92 Firebird V-6, white with grey cloth interior and t-top. I got this pretty cheap since the original owner traded it in for a 93 when the new body styles for the F-Body cars came out. It had 6800 miles on it, and I paid about $9000 for it.

Unfortunately the car was totaled in an auto accident in '98 (not my fault) :( . The amount paid out from the insurance was only slightly less then I'd paid for the car 6 years and 60000 miles earlier. That money went towards my current car, the 97 Talon TSi AWD. Once again I got an incredible deal on the car, because the Eagle line had been killed by that time, and the dealer still had this 97 car on the lot in March 98.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
88 Chrysler Conquest TSI. I picked it up in the summer of 1990 right after I graduated highschool. I drove it all through college and for a year after. Then I traded it in on my first 94 Supra TT, which was a nice upgrade. I sometimes wonder what ever happended to it. It was a cool car in the day and you did not see a lot of them.

·
Registered
866 Posts
198X Pontiac Fiero (base model). $900 cash. Looked like the front end had just recently been replaced because it burned up. Then got in an accident and "sold" it to Ecology autowrecking.

·
Registered
105 Posts
69 Nova SS with a 2 speed hydroglide. Bought it off a friend of my dads for $50!! Yep...it ran even. Burned a little oil but it could leave some nice rubber for about 30 feet (did I mention a posi-rear??). Came with the 350, but we eventually dropped a big block in, huge hood-scoop, medium tubs...man..that thing was scary. Couldn't corner at all, without almost stopping and then turning the wheels.
I remember it well....coming home x-mas eve, 17 years old. I think I was at about 120 and at least 7 grand and she finally gave up the goods....rod right through the block. (man the incredible things you do when you are young and invicible!!!)
I sold it for $200 though...can't beat that.
Oh yeah....I saw another post in here about installing an 8-track. My next car, a 4 door satellite with a 360 police interceptor (old state trooper car) had one nestled on the driveshaft tub....wires hangin out everywhere. But it worked when I parked and thats all that mattered.
Since then, over 30 vehicles. Yep...I got it baaaaad!!
Thanks for the direction to walk down memory lane!
Scott

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mine was a 1984 Honda CRX, non-fuel injected, but I could chirp the tires in third gear. That was in 1990. I have no clue where it is now.

·
Registered
117 Posts
1985 Celica GT - last of the rear wheel drive Celicas. Paid $2500 for it and drove it for five years till I could no longer fight the holes forming in the rear wheel wells. Loved the car but quickly forgot about it when I got my WRX

·
Registered
41 Posts
i drove a 86 toyota corolla 4 dr automatic and kept breaking on me.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Depending on what you consider "first," my first car could have been any of the following:

1987 GMC Suburban (my moms car, that I drove for 4 years), or
1992 Volvo 240 (the car my parents bought used with 108K miles in '95 for $9K, but only I drove it), or
1999 GMC Yukon SLT (the first car I bought for $26K in '99 with my own money).

·
Registered
42 Posts
'73 BMW 2002 tii. That car was . . . awesome. Pre '74 so it still had the round tail lights. Fuel injected and oh so tossable. 2nd gear was an epiphany. Was in the process of building it up with front splitter, onza exhaust, BBS wheels and Hella driving lights on a custom light bar up front. I thought I was Hans Stuck. Alas, I wasn't Stucky as I found out one winter night passing over some black ice. Sigh . . . snif snif . . . :cry:

·
Registered
87 Posts
An '87 cavalier w/87k miles and a little rust; I bought it with my own money 6 months after I turned 16.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Still driving my first:

1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Extended Cab, 5 speed, 3.4L V6, TRD Off-road package
TRD supercharger & exhaust

It's cool to be able to idle up hills with your feet completely off all the pedals :D . That's torque, baby! And probably also because of that rock-crawling 1st gear.

Off-roading has done a number on the paint, though.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The first car i bought was a 97 Dodge Avenger ES. It cost me $22,000.00 and i financed it. The first car i drove in high school was my mom's old 89' SUBARU GL Station Wagon. That thing was sweet. 5-speed and a sweet 4 cyl. I absolutely destroyed that car :p It got traded in on a car my mom bought. I doubt it went anywhere other than a scrapyard from that dealership. I mean i DEMOLISHED that sucker :eek:

1 - 20 of 151 Posts