IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay guys, i need u guys opinions....
rite now im looking at 3 different spring and i dont know what should i go for!!! so i decide 2 ask u guys.
the springs are GF210, RCE Yellow, and JDM STi Pinks.
for me i really dont care about the bumps and other, i want good handling!
so can u guys give me some head up so that i dont have 2 make some stupid mistake.....
thanks

·
Banned
7,260 Posts
Here's the deal about bumps -

the entire purpose of the suspension is to allow your tires, the ONLY things providing grip, to stay in best contact with the ground as possible.

go to stiff and you start to skip over bumps reducing traction. Go too soft and you start to overload the tire by allowing too much uncontrolled inertia from body roll and pitch.

By skipping the tire you lose grip.
By overloading the tire you lose grip.

Both of these situations are bad for performance. In the end, there's a sweet spot, and quite a bit of that depends on what you're going to be doing with the car. Granted the rates for all three springs are not going to really cause skipping, but we need to know some finer details.

Now, with that being said please give us some more information on what other suspension mods you have done to the car, what near term plans for suspension are, and what you plan on doing with the car.

The three springs you have listed are all good springs, but quite a bit can be determined and a proper response given by answering the above.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok.
at this time it will be DD, most time one on freeway. but later on it will change to auto-x or Track.
rite now i have set of Tein S(hitty)-Tech, and i dont like it at all...
when i get the new springs set i was going 2 get Group-N Top Hat Mount and Cobb Sway Kit. i dont mine lowerin but 2 low is not good... like on my s-tech it lowers to much for me...
thanks....

·
Registered
672 Posts
Given the three springs you listed I'd say go with the JDM pinks. Take a look at the RCE blacks if you like the yellows. Not as much drop, but should be far more user friendly for a daily driver.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ok... but ppl say that for the buxs GF210 will be the best way.
and i got the price for GF210, and it was around 165.
pinks around little over 300 and RCE is 314 ish... i dont want 2 pay more 2 get same result.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I love my gf210's. The fact is most drives will never be able to tell the difference between the RCE's and the 210's on the street. Im sure the RCE's are better springs but the price to performance ratio for me wasnt there. I say go with the 210's I enjoy mine and I think the lowering is perfect.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
why not look into some prodrives also?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh ok.... im not a big fan about prodrive product.
u guy saying that RCE is better then anything rite...

then what lowers car more??
RCE Yellow, GF210 or JDM Pinks??

i hear that JDM Pinks dont lower at???

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
JDM's will lower you. However, you will not be slammed so don't expect that. I just got some pink's and am waiting to install them in a month or so. If you ask me you will have to try the springs to determine which ones you like more. I would stick with the Pink's or the RCE's since you can sell both very quickly if you don't like them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
you could get GC springs and sleeves for slightly more and you would be able to choose your own rates and set your ride height

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MGizzle u made a good point!!!
b/c my friend has the JDM Pink springs that he dont use so im going 2 try that out first 2 see if i like it. he is ok with me trying it out and if i like it i can just buy it from him (just buy him dinner!!!) hehe!!!

i think im going 2 try the pinks spring first see if i like it or not.

i hear that RCE Yellow sping has higher spring rate??
do u guys know what is the sping rate one the Yellow springs??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts