IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got Mine in Denver, CO

My girlfriend just go her license (she's 22) and her parents wanted to reward her by helping her buy a new car. Naturally I recommended the STi, but it was out of her price range so 2nd choice was a WRX. Anyways, we went to 2 dealers in the Sacramento area, and both had $2995 markups on 04's. What's the deal? I know it's a great car, but shoot, demand for isn't like for the Z or a Mini.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: sti floor mats

Just got back from Northern California.

While I was there I went to look at cars with a friend of mine. He is looking for a sensable family car for his wife & new baby. Was shocked to find that they mark up everything $2K to $5K on EVERYTHING. We looked at VW's, Camary's, & Accords, all with $3k mark-ups. Heck a VW GTI had a $5K mark-up making it the same price as an EVO. When I confronted the sales manager about it all he would say is that " Its northern California, people just expect to pay more.

My advice: Find an internet dealer or go through Costco or your local Credit Union if you are looking at a standard WRX. If she really wants an STi, Get in line mine won't be available in CA for 3-4 months.[/quote]

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
She, your friend WILL CRASH, if her first ever car is a 300 HP super sport stick shift car..
Get get something with 4-6 cylinders. I read tons of stories of rich young kids getting m3s and crashing them within a year of getting brand spanking new M3s..

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yeah, I have an AWESOME 03 WRX that I'd sell ya!!!

;)

If you need any help, just let me know. I'd love to earn your business on Anything!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Sure, my main interests are drugs, tall blondie and Ferraris..
:)
Now, for the serious matter.. What is the deal on 2003s? ANY Subaru in stock until end of June is ZERO APR to qualified? for 5 years?

murley said:
I'd love to earn your business on Anything!

·
Registered
631 Posts
hehe..., I don't have any access to tall blondes, ... or ferraris for that matter either...

As for SOA's May programs, yes. 0% for qualified buyers. Here's the catch..., it's for a 24month loan. You have to finance a minimum of $7000 and it's for a 2 year loan. They to have 1.9%@36months, 2.9%@48months, &3.49%@60months, though. Still GReat rates and for a WRX! They have never done this in the 2 years that the WRX has been out besides latley. Trying to push for the 04MY.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts