IW STi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after doing a search, i didnt find the info i was looking for. i have a fully stock suspension now and am looking for something that will improve the feel of the car. which brands of sways and endlinks should i look into and how difficult would the install be for a beginner mechanic with limited tools? TIA

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
:type: :)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Can't go wrong with Kartboy end links, although so far I'm happy with my Perrins.... just gotta use a bit of medium strength Loctite to keep them quiet.

I like my Cobb swaybars, but if I were to do it again (and I probably will) I'd go with Whitelines.

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive been looking and theres so many different types and sizes and it says i should get some hard swaybar mounting kits and i just dont want something to go crazy and either break or the ride quality to be destroyed

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I'm happy with my adjustable COBBs but the Whitelines are prob just as good. I have stock endlinks and cant figure out why so many peeps want to change them since they seem to be more than adequate and dont weigh much.

What handling characteristic are you trying to chang/fix?

·
Banned
7,256 Posts
WESTI said:
ive been looking and theres so many different types and sizes and it says i should get some hard swaybar mounting kits and i just dont want something to go crazy and either break or the ride quality to be destroyed
call me on monday, and I'll answer your questions.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Cobb sways and Kartboy endlinks FTW!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Whiteline 27-29mm fsb with stock front endlink works the best, no noises and Whiteline 24-26mm rsb with WL heavy duty endlink or Kartboy rear endlinks. Turn-in is isn't twitchy for a large front bar and definitly took away the infamous STI understeer. I also like I don't have to run so much negative static camber so my tires will wear more evenly and contact patch is still flat for better braking.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
mxpop said:
Why change endlinks?
Cause the stock ones suck... plain and simple :lol:
They've been known to cause the sway bar to flip :tdown:
If you look at the stock ones compared to the Kartboy ones you'll see why.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts