IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The STi is the first car I've ever bought brand spankin new, so it's weird having a warranty. It's plenty fast right now, but I know in the future I want to look into doing a lot of things with TurboXS (since they are located near me, and they are a great shop). What mods will void the warranty ?

Simple things like headers, downpipe, up-pipe, turboback, etc ? Will those void it ? My inquiring mind would like to know... Is there a FAQ on this sort of thing some where ? What exactly is turbo-creep ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I made the newbie mistake of posting before I searched. It seems a bunch of people have already asked very similar questions in the past, and I will go from there.

I would like to retract my question and follow it up with this:

Does anyone know of any "nicer" Subaru dealerships in the Northern VA area that are willing to look the other way when it comes to mild modifications ?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
nope. if it breaks take off the mods and then do the dealer thing.
supposedly sema is fighting the dealers with the argument they have to prove that the mod broke whatever broke.
but you will be hard pressed to find a "nicer" dealer that will agree to this.

·
Registered
541 Posts
thermobox said:
nope. if it breaks take off the mods and then do the dealer thing.
supposedly sema is fighting the dealers with the argument they have to prove that the mod broke whatever broke.
but you will be hard pressed to find a "nicer" dealer that will agree to this.
Not fighting... fought. It's already a law. If they deny warranty service and you fight it, they have to prove that your aftermarket part was the cause of whatever broke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts