IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autometer bezel

I'm doing some research and learning about the STI which I plan to buy for next year. I've done a search, but haven't been able to find the answer to my question.

What material are the stock seats made out of? From the pics I've seen, they don't look like cloth. Are they perhaps a suede-like material, perhaps similar to the Sparco Milano material?

·
Registered
541 Posts
The blue inserts are made out of something called Ecsaine, similar to the Alcantara used in a lot of European cars. It's sort of a perforated faux-suede.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i just noticed that the blue in the rear seems like regular cloth to me, not the ecsaine stuff that's in the front.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Need some help finding some thing...

:hijacked:
Well maybe not hijacked but revived? Or a little of both? So I have searched yahoo and this site with no luck so now I ask the messes. Where could I order material that is found on our stock STi seats? I need two different kinds, the blue ecsaine that you sit on and the black type that is right near to where your thigh would be. I checked with my local upholstery shop and they don't have the catalog for our type's of cars. Any help would be great. And in advance thank you.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Hmmm. My local upholstery shop could get the Ecsaine (it did take her a couple of phone calls to find out). I believe the color designation is Cobalt Blue. I would continue to call around to some other shops. Someone should be able to get it for you.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Right on will do that. I was just hoping some one had to patch theres up or something and might know where to look.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ecsaine=UltraSuedeHP=Alcantara, it's all the same stuff produced by Toray of Japan. In the US it's marketed as UltraSuede HP and in Europe it's marketed as Alcantara. There's also another brand called Sensuede that's very similar but slightly cheaper. Check out http://www.suedeshop.com/ and give Michiko a ring.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Right on, Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts