IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Bell M2, closed faced, SA 2000 rated, used for road courses.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Closed face Snell rated. If you need it for other racing/riding then you have it. Also the closed face never is a downside should something happen.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
G-Force Hybrid. Closed face with an opening large enough for glasses. Only has a strip of shaded visor at the top. Snell SA2000. $200.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
We use full-face helmets, primarily Bell M3s as they are cost effective and do the job. however, we spend time at the track as well. If it is just for auto-x, having a open-face helmet helps a great deal with heat during summer. Just make sure it is SA2000 certified. Obviously, you take more risk, but serious accidents are quite rare in auto-x.

G

·
Or you could go with the full face and remove the visor. A full face offers more protection and will save you a lot of damage should your face go smashing into something.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Simpson Speedway Shark w/ FX kit SA95. Left over from kart racing.

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
i've been using a Bieffe Predator for the last 1.5 years. like it a lot.

they've dropped in price too since i purchased.

generally always lap with the visor up. i prefer the security of a full face.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've been autocrossing with a Bell Mag 5 open face helmet. It is light, gives good visibility, and fits me well. My one peeve with it is that the visor plastic is really fragile and breaks easily. Most places just have replacement visors for full-face helmets, but I see a couple placed on the web where they're available.

I've been doing some track events this year and have been advised to get a closed face helmet for safety. I could go the cheap route with something like the Bell SR-Pro ($250) or Sport 3 ($300), the more expensive with an M3 ($450), or get a forced air system like the M2 forced air ($350 + air blower) or Vortex forced air ($600+). I've heard a few people comment that they really like the forced air setup, but I haven't tried one myself.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Simpson Voyager SNELL 1990, M... It's legal where I run. I have a tinted visor for the rare occasions that I run into the sun, but this year I ran visor up on all hot runs. In '05 I plan on getting an SA rated replacement.

Hi Mundi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts