IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im very new to touching anythign on my car i know some stuff but not a lot and i was wonder what people recommend.. I was told to go with a Cobb stage 1 but then some people talked me out of it and said they werent happy with it. idk im so lost please help and im not looking to go broke but i know i want to go somewhere in the 1.5k range

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
ok first off,

make sure to utilize the search button, there is so much great information right at the tip of your fingers,

secondly,

who talked you out of the AP Stage 1? I would really like to know, because its probably the best bang for your buck mod you could do

With that being said, check out the cobb website and use the search button,

good luck

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you very much, i did try looking it up but i didnt knwo where to start, im new to all this
but thank you

·
Registered
101 Posts
your gonna get a lot of different answers as far as what exhaust to get. It really depends with the money you have. You could basically go to stage 2 right away with that loot. Lets say you want to get a little bit more fun, without getting 2 crazy and keeping the car relatively stock. I would 100% say get the Cobb AP from a vendor(buying directly from cobb, while fine, can take some time to ship). Its basically a foolproof way to get some "more" out of your already capable car. As far as exhausts go. To each their own. Everyone likes something different. I you just want to stick with a catback. Its an easy install, and doesn't mess with any major plumbing. I've ran a Blitz Nur Spec. It looked awesome(cannister style, big tip). It sounded like a v8. It got old fast. It droned on the highway. I new getting pulled over was only in due time. I just got really tired of it quickly. I then bought a Borla XR-1. I couldn't be happier. I honestly like this exhaust moreso than any other STi exhaust(cat back only, stock DP). In terms of looks, it looks sort of like the stock sti muffler, though the piping is way better looking. It sounds sweet. Its got a nice rumble to it, and it not anywhere near obnoxious. Like the others said. Do a little research. Download some clips. However, the cobb ap is a definate go.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
=) thanks thanks i think im gonna go with the cobb, so far so good and besides here a bunch of other subaru owners said it wad good also.

hope its worth it

·
Registered
199 Posts
Go to openecu.org and to the downloads page. There you can get the TARIS program. Provided you have a laptop you can use the cobb cable that comes with the access port to data log with the program. Doing a log to measure peak boost and what not is better and safer than gawking down at a gauge or at the access port set on "read live boost" plus the program shows almost everything the car is doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts