IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i first got the car it had 7 miles on her. I was thinking that it seemed reasonable. but then after last friday i took my car to my dealer for service, i looked at the receipt and it said the delievery mileage was 2 miles!!! :evil: that made me hella mad! i wonder where the extra 5 miles come from!? they claimed the car was not test driven by anyone. matter of fact, they didn't even let me test drive the car! do u think the ppl worked there actually took the car out for fun?

btw, what is your delivery mileage?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Mine was 9 miles also. You have to remember, they have to prep it (fill up the gas tank, move it around, etc...). That delivery mileage was probably the delivery at port mileage. Just a guess though.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Mine had 4.6 upon delivery to me.....after the PDI (which I went on) it had a total of 11.something on it. I've heard stories of STi's arriving at dealers lots w/as many as 25-30 miles on them. I had stipulated I wouldn't buy mine when it came in if it had more than 15 (yeah, I'm anal AND paranoid about my STi). IMHO 7 miles wouldn't worry me at all. Hit 1000 and enjoy the hell out of your car!

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Still unable to run the programme..

I had 12 also. From what I have seen, depending on where your car is located on the boat, it could be a few miles just to drive it off the boat and park it. Also if you had port installed options there might be a place they park them to get that stuff installed then drive them to and park them in a different spot to wait for the truck. That on top of the PDI could add up. There was a thread about this on another forum and from what people were posting the miles I have were about the average. I highly doubt you will pick a car up at your dealer with only 2 miles on it. I was so speechless when I picked mine up I just wanted to know where to sign and where my keys are. Later I just tried not to think about it. 7k miles later and I have had no pinging or other problems so I am not worried about it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
mine was 8... but that to me sounded reasonable... i mean they aren't going to drive a freaking tow truck onto the boat to get the car off... for a car to travel to another country is like a human traveling to another country. so you want to do as little walking as possible to the other place. so you buy a plane ticket. they aren't going to put you in a wheel chair and wheel you onto the plane and then off the plane... you got feet damn it use them! car's got a motor and wheels... drive'em. anything over 20 miles... then i'm pretty damn sure someone went out for a test drive....

·
Registered
347 Posts
Mine had 7, but the dealer told me that they were required by Subaru to do a 5 mile test drive on the car before handing it over to the buyer. They were pretty insitent on it, so I let it go. Maybe I shouldn't have.

I had called my parents to meet me at the dealer on the day that I got the call (I had to have someone to drive my truck away). My mom saw my car before I did -- as the mechanic was tearing out of the lot in it. I'm pretty sure from her description that the car made it well past 4000 rpm before I ever laid eyes on it. At least I have a witness in case there are ever any break-in related engine problems found. There have not been any yet...

·
Registered
169 Posts
When I bought mine it just barely had 10 miles on it. I considered that to be pretty reasonable. What's funny though, is that I called another dealership a few towns over and they SWORE that their black STi had 0 miles on it. I asked them "It literally has ZERO miles on it, or are you just exaggerating to say that it hardly has any miles on it?", they replied "It actually has 0 miles on it." I find it hard to believe, but they swore it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
sure beats my red 2002 wrx when finally delivered to me, it had over 300 miles. they had to first pick it up from a place close to 200 miles.

it was the ONLY red sedan with no options...

but i am glad my black sti came with 6 miles on the odo...

M

·
0 Posts
A lot of dealers have minimum mileage requirements. For instance, the car may come in with between 2-5 miles on it, but they may require that after PDI, it must have at least 10 miles on it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mine sat at the dealer for a few weeks before I got it(it originally had a $10,000 mark-up)....when I first saw it it had 19 miles on it(it had been test-driven).........and when I decided to get it and I picked it up it had 30 miles on it and a lot of brake dust on the wheels(before delivery detail)..........I'm OK with the mileage 'cause I didn't pre-order or put down a deposit...........and 30 miles is nuthin' in the big picture.

By the way I did NOT pay a mark-up........I knew someone that knew someone at the dealer(high-up)
I consider myself very lucky that I got this car..........

·
Registered
151 Posts
Even if your first few miles are hard ones, it shouldn't affect the car - if it does then you have a lemon. I just hit 1000 last week and am still having a blast - love the midrange growl

BTW, I paid under msrp as well. Basically got all 5 of my options for free

·
Registered
302 Posts
5 miles, plastic still on shocks (even after PDI.. those schmucks, heh).

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A good system!

over 10 miles is ridiculous, i'm pretty sure they must have test driven the car. whether they did or didn't rev above 4k was a mystery. i was pissed mostly because i didn't know what they'd done in that extra 5 miles. maybe i'm just too paranoid. thanks for the inputs anyway.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Aspen White/Silver in Mtn View, CA

Mine had only a few miles on it...
when I got there first thing they did was say "well lets go take it for a drive" (they knew I was buying it so let me test drive it)

anyway we drove a little bit and it had 6 miles after I drove it... still had some of the plastic junk stuck to the hood...I didn't notice that till I got home though.

oh by the way the person that was happy with 30 miles...didn't put deposit or order.... I found mine on the lot..I did give them $1000 to show I wanted it..but drove up and got it that weekend.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Entrypoints for HeadUnit and Speaker Install

5 on mine, they had gotten it right off the boat that morning, considering the boat lands about 10 miles away from here for all of Suby's cars, that was fast :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
SlashSTI..........WOW

1 - 20 of 35 Posts