IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what is the quickest 1/4 mile time for a Stage 2 Sti down the strip????

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, that is impressive! ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good job! what were the conditions outside? and have you dynoed your ride?

·
Registered
38 Posts
ran a 13.08 at 101.?? it was about 90 degrees out with high humidity. Not all that great, but it was the first time at the strip and that was the best of my 4 runs. that was with a protune and 110octane on about a 50/50 mix

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've run a 13.06 four weeks ago. Stage 2 TBE and protune. Nothing else for power.

A stage 1 sti (catback, AP, intake) ran a 12.99 this last week.

Gimli manitoba canada. Not sure of alt. but medium humidity and 89-91 degrees

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Scott Siegel had posted that he had a customer run a 12.4 @ 109 I believe on a normal stage 2 car with a TXS TMIC. This was not with meth either if I recall correctly. (excellent 60' times)

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have run a best of 12.56 @ 109.8, i had catless exhaust, ecutek tune on 91 oct., but i ran 105oct. when i ran the 1/4, and an injen intake. This was in the morning about a year ago at california dragway. Temp. was around 75.

·
Premium Member
5,283 Posts
Did a [email protected] with a 1.69 60ft when I had mine. Helix DP, Blitz Catback, k&n typhoon and cobb stage 2 93 oct.

·
Registered
375 Posts
crystal_Imprezav said:
[email protected] on stage2 my own tune and alky 2 weeks ago.
That's more like it. Nice time. If you figure Motor Trend got a 13.0 at ~104, adding another 50 hp and 80lbft torque better shave off at least a half second.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I ran a 12.8 @ 106 a few months ago at Atco Raceway in NJ. Mods are in sig, and the header wasn't in then.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Rmiller said:
That's more like it. Nice time. If you figure Motor Trend got a 13.0 at ~104, adding another 50 hp and 80lbft torque better shave off at least a half second.

Yeah, this isn't a 1/4 mile car like the GTO, or other cars. Most people can't run what magazines run in bone stock form, and need mods to match or beat those times. My buddy has an 05 GTO (Automatic). He runs the magazine times constantly (low 13s) without even launching (just step on gas pedal when light turns green), but at same time, it's rather boring watching him. This is a car you gotta earn your power with, but it's a lot more fun. :)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
My buddy went 12.9 @ 108 in his 06 STI. Mods are ingen dp, hks cb, and utec.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I ran a 12.6 @ 109 with turbo back w/ stock cat, K&N Typhoon and a cobb OTS 93oct lwg stage 2. 1.74 60'

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Its all up to the driver and launch IMO. I ran a 12.8 on the OTS map once, 12.6 on my own 100 oct. tune, and the latest 12.2 on alky. I dont believe there are any faster times from all the threads I have read on stage2 STi's so maybe I have the fastest stage2 STi out there :D I am going for more once the temps cool down, on that run I was only able to push ~21-22 psi and I know its got more in it on a cooler day and thankfully the alky/water can cool down the flame throwing boost at those levels. The hard part is that the intercooler typically gets heatsoaked like crazy by the time you hit second gear and therefore your boost goes down, timing starts to get retarted, and the ecu starts to dump fuel when it switches into the high det. map. Every car is different so some can handle more.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts