IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2006 and am looking for something that is louder than stock. What seems to be the best one to get? I was looking at magnaflow, but it appears only for 2005 and under.

Thanks,
Bennett

·
Registered
208 Posts
Its gonna sound like a broken record, Invidia G200 all the way. Nice deep tone, brings out the boxer rumble. About the middle of the pack as far as loudness.
G200 FTW!:devil:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
theres so many...invidia and cobb are probably the two favorited exhausts....both sound excellent..

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The TurboXS RFL is loud also... Just be aware of your local town ordinance.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
The 2005 Magnaflow exhaust should/will fit. It is only some of the larger cannon style pipes which have had clearence issues with the rear diffuser on the 06+ models and some of which have realeased 06 revised models to fix this clearence issue.

My personal pref for exhausts is the APS 3". Quality is 2nd to none and the cat is removable piece. It is also a true 3" exhaust unlike many other brands which bottle neck between downpipe and cat back. Best of all, it is not a big obnoxious looking tip on the back, it looks close to stock, and has a very nice low tone/rumble WITHOUT drone like many other cannon styles have.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
for the money, i think g200 is the best. although i think its the best exhaust out there for sti

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
+3 for the invidia g200!!!!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
From a manufacturing perspective, I bet you would be very hard pressed to find a striking difference in materials or construction among many of the popular brands for the STi, no matter the price tag. Ultimately, it is up to your preference in sound, so that you too can come into these threads and have a subjective answer. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
WESTI said:
lmao u can change what i say BUT U CANT CHANGE THE FACT THAT THE G200 IS UGLY
right.....the hks IMO is :censored:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts