IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many people here, I park as far as humanly possible from other mortal vehicles, especially Camaros and soccer-mom-mobiles. So as I was leaving the supermarket with my cart today, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could open my car doors from all the way across the lot -- before I started grabbing the bags out of the cart! No need to fumble for the keys when I arrived at my STi. This is my first keyless car, so I found it very cool.

Anyone else notice some unexpected things?

(Regional note: in VA you generally can't take the carts into the parking lot... a good thing!) 8)

M

·
0 Posts
Sometimes I think it swallows babies in the hoodscoop... but I haven't gotten any video footage yet...

·
Registered
90 Posts
^^ yeah....that always works ;) :D do these ones automatically lock after like 20 seconds or so if you don't open the doors after unlocking them? my prelude does that....unlock, don't open the doors, an then they auto lock again

·
Registered
467 Posts
Dude...(azninside), bail the easy money advertising. This isn't the place for free advertising in your signature. I guarantee you that if you don't remove it voluntarily, the moderators will. And you do even own a STi? Make note of the "all STi, all the time" motto of this website. Nothing mentioned about Preludes.

Jeese, am I cranky this morning.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
90 Posts
StiBoy said:
Dude...(azninside), bail the easy money advertising. This isn't the place for free advertising in your signature. I guarantee you that if you don't remove it voluntarily, the moderators will. And you do even own a STi? Make note of the "all STi, all the time" motto of this website. Nothing mentioned about Preludes.

Jeese, am I cranky this morning.

Have a nice day.
yeah....I'll remove it....an so what if I don't have an STI now? I'm plannin on gettin one....it's not like every member here has an STI :roll: :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
RDiamond said:
No, it doesn't re-lock if you don't open the doors. That'd be annoying...
you'd think that it might....but what's it take? an extra click on the remote ::shrug:: no big deal. it's so that if you unlock your car as you're goin towards it, an then something happens an for some reason you don't get in your car....it locks so that no one can get into it while you're gone. nothin wrong w/ that. it's added security.

it's just like how you can't lock the front door (from the inside lock) if the door is open an your keys are in the ignition....it's just a security feature so that you don't lock your keys in the car.

I could see how it could get annoying....but it's nothin to lose sleep over ::shrug::

·
Registered
467 Posts
Kind of cool, but you're hurtin' if you leave your keys on the front seat. Don't you stand the risk of leaving your car and having it automatically lock?

azninside, sorry, I was a little cranky. I'm just very sensitive to advertising though. I'm a dealer (hot tubs), and believe in the "searching" type of advertising only. I think it should be illegal for any type of imposing type of advertising. Yellow pages and Internet searches are great examples of people who search for something they want...merchants only need make themselves available. But now I'm rambling.

But especially here, we're all just people who have or want an STi. If people start advertising, they'll be motivated to post any ol' stupid comment on as many posts as they can...for the ad exposure.

You're beautiful.

TK

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
You can put the stock alarm in passive mode and it will automatically arm after 1 minute but it wont auto lock the doors. I had it on my last car and it got in the way a few times. Got the keys locked in once going throuhg a car wash after I told them about it. I am one for washing my car by hand but during the winter when it is -10 the drive through ones are better than nothing once in a while. With the auto arm/lock you can't do it. A couple times it was nice but it was an inconvenience more than a convenience.

·
Registered
90 Posts
StiBoy said:
Kind of cool, but you're hurtin' if you leave your keys on the front seat. Don't you stand the risk of leaving your car and having it automatically lock?

azninside, sorry, I was a little cranky. I'm just very sensitive to advertising though. I'm a dealer (hot tubs), and believe in the "searching" type of advertising only. I think it should be illegal for any type of imposing type of advertising. Yellow pages and Internet searches are great examples of people who search for something they want...merchants only need make themselves available. But now I'm rambling.

But especially here, we're all just people who have or want an STi. If people start advertising, they'll be motivated to post any ol' stupid comment on as many posts as they can...for the ad exposure.

You're beautiful.

TK
if you leave your keys in the car you're screwed anyway ;) it'll only auto lock if you unlock it w/ the remote, but DON'T open the door for 20 seconds....then it'll lock. if you open the door, then it won't auto lock on you. feel me?

honestly, that's kind of a cheap answer tho....you have to click on it to see it anyway....if you don't want to see any info on it, don't click on it. simple as that. you're not gettin pressured/forced to look at it anyway. you've gotta make the effort to click on the link yourself ::shrug:: I was doin the same thing....just making it available, but not forcing it. it's not like I sent a PM to everyone :roll:

·
Registered
90 Posts
chawklit said:
ldivinag said:
if you press and hold the remote fob under your chin,you increase your range a tad more...
LOL, I though I was the only one who did that! :lol:
:lol: I was thinkin that too when I read it....how many people other than me actually do that? :lol: of course I only do that when I'm standing far away of course ;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
1000 miles while 2 miles high

azninside said:
StiBoy said:

You're beautiful.

TK
if you leave your keys in the car you're screwed anyway ;) it'll only auto lock if you unlock it w/ the remote, but DON'T open the door for 20 seconds....then it'll lock. if you open the door, then it won't auto lock on you. feel me?

honestly, that's kind of a cheap answer tho....you have to click on it to see it anyway....if you don't want to see any info on it, don't click on it. simple as that. you're not gettin pressured/forced to look at it anyway. you've gotta make the effort to click on the link yourself ::shrug:: I was doin the same thing....just making it available, but not forcing it. it's not like I sent a PM to everyone :roll:
Yes, I feel you.

And I feel you on the ad comment as well. Point well taken. But I do still think that my comment is valid...about posting as motivated by the ad exposure. I don't think that the moderators, who need money to run the site would appreciate people posting free ads. I'm sure eventually the site will get sponsors, who'll be posting ads at the top (like on turbobuick.com), which funds the site. I'm tempted too, to throw in my websites for hot tubs, but I'd say (IMO) that it should be limited to a link in the "www" button. But hey, I'm just me. I'm really just some guy...

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have an automatic starter on my outback. I use it to start up the car from the other side of the parking lot to cool it down with the air conditioning!

Plus I wish when the car would make that "weep weep" sound instead of honking whenever i lock/unlock the doors

hehe, "weep weep"

·
Registered
467 Posts
Sha_zapple said:
I have an automatic starter on my outback. I use it to start up the car from the other side of the parking lot to cool it down with the air conditioning!

Plus I wish when the car would make that "weep weep" sound instead of honking whenever i lock/unlock the doors

hehe, "weep weep"
This is an STi website...specifically. Please remember that.

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts