IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys sorri if this suons newbish, but can anyone plz explain to me (if possible along with some pix) what exactly is a clear bra?!?!?! i always hear people say it and then they show some pix (but i have no idea what clear bra is) cuz well...i just plainly dont' see it...maybe it enhance the word "Clear" but u kno, i just want some detail on what a clear bra is

THX!

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
it is a thin clear plastic that goes over the nose of the car to protect it from things such as stone chips etc... not being able to see it is the good thing :) hope this helps

·
Registered
368 Posts
Let me see if I can give you an explanation with pictures so you know what you are looking at.

Clear bra is made from typically 3M ScotchCal 6 mil urethane (everyone calls it 8 mil). This film can be hand cut on your car out of bulk material or be pre-cut from a computer to fit your car exaclty like we do. A full kit ( which most people get ) includes the hood, fenders, mirrors and the bumper pieces. The idea is to have a product that does not deter from the body lines and color of a car while also preventing debris from flyin up off the road and damaging your front end. Of course anything and anywhere on the vehicle can get chipped or damaged. The idea is to cover the high impact areas of the vehicle i.e. the front end.

Here is a pic that you can see the film installed. Look for the line going across the hood half way up.

Here is another on that show the end of the upper bumper piece. The fog light cover and lower splitter are also covered as well, but a lot harder to see.

Hope that helps you with some of your questions and if you have

anymore please feel to check us out at www.rockblocker.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts