IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, then I don't have to install it right?

Meaning, there is not going to be some issue fitting in the OEM airbox without the sound generator.

·
Registered
715 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so are you saying that when I install things back to stock, I pretty much have to install the sound tube with inlet tube or buy another inlet b/c the inlet I have won't work?

·
Registered
715 Posts
so are you saying that when I install things back to stock, I pretty much have to install the sound tube with inlet tube or buy another inlet b/c the inlet I have won't work?
You don't need to replace the actual turbo inlet, just the hose that the sound maker is hooked up to which connects the air filter box to the turbo inlet. There's also a cap from mishimoto you can use that just plugs the stock hose where the sound maker connects.
Subaru Sound Generator Delete Kit

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok. the cap might be the way to go.

BUT I suppose I could just leave it all as it came stock, that way I don't have to spend any money, using the OEM parts

AND just don't put the hose/pipe through the hole in the firewall. Let it rest against something in the bay or against the firewall opening.

Would that work?

·
Registered
715 Posts
ok. the cap might be the way to go.

BUT I suppose I could just leave it all as it came stock, that way I don't have to spend any money, using the OEM parts

AND just don't put the hose/pipe through the hole in the firewall. Let it rest against something in the bay or against the firewall opening.

Would that work?
There's a hose under the windshield cowl that the sound generator plugs into to help funnel the sound directly into the cabin. You could plug the sound tube into the firewall itself without connecting it to the hose and then you won't get any sound. I was trying to reinstall it and missed that piece and was wondering why I couldn't hear anything in the cabin.

It was amazing it was even quieter with the generator plugged in and the transfer hose off, than with nothing in the firewall port at all.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There's a hose under the windshield cowl that the sound generator plugs into to help funnel the sound directly into the cabin. You could plug the sound tube into the firewall itself without connecting it to the hose and then you won't get any sound. I was trying to reinstall it and missed that piece and was wondering why I couldn't hear anything in the cabin.

It was amazing it was even quieter with the generator plugged in and the transfer hose off, than with nothing in the firewall port at all.
I'm curious, does the 18 have this thing or just 15-17?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish. Saving for now until I can afford what I really want. I am having to return the car back to stock as Subaru won't replace my front diff (which they claim is the issue with my car) until I do so.

They are covering the labor (uninstall) which is nice.

Gonna be a real awkward if the diff is not the issue. This would be the 3rd attempt to fix the same issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts