IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my STi in the first week of november for 31k flat with tax,tags,all fees bla bla bla. With that price, i got the rubbery wet resistant mats, security system, wheel locks, armrest extension, boost guage, dimming mirror, fog lights, and extra STi key. The car was brand new with 12 miles on it. Just wondering what do you guys think of that price. Oh yeah here in DC metro area, there are like 13 dealerships around here. I wanted white too with silver and a dealer out of 13 finally got it so he knew i wanted it bad hehe:) Thanks for your time:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think that is an unreal deal. I got a very sililar deal (without tags, not looking forward to that), and am very happy. I don't think you could have done ANY better anywhere.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You got the deal of the century. I paid $35k out the door with similiar options that you have. Basically I paid MSRP. Buying car in San Francisco Bay Area is not cheap.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KLUI- yeah same here. Northern Virginia Fairfax County is not cheap either and most dealership when i even started to bargain they would just say no discounts PERIOD. So i just walked out.

Thanks everyone for your opinion i just wanted to make sure that i did not get a bad deal or anything:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I drove to NH to get mine. Paid $29k before tt&l. BTW, I bought mine on Nov. 23.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
ksikyat2000 said:
I bought my STi in the first week of november for 31k flat with [everything]...
not bad. i bought in may for $32k with zero options. you got it loaded. well done.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I paid $30,050 plus VA tax/tags the first week of November for mine. I ended up buying it back home in Page County where I'm from, but it was after I got the exact deal quoted to me in Gaithersburg and e-mailed it to the dealership at home - they had the car I wanted in stock. I got all the same options as you except no armrest extension and no auto mirror. I'm very happy with my purchase and price. The money pit syndrome has begun though, as I'm not quite finished with the stereo yet and already researching downpipes and more..

·
Registered
63 Posts
actually only the person who pays 29k cash get the best deal...because no finance charges. Furthermore if you get a 29k deal and have to make payments the car isn't your until you are done paying.
did any one paid cash?

·
Registered
326 Posts
i paid all but 11,000 (traded my truck in which was paid for)
i'm paying the rest of my loan off next week.

I got the car for 32,000 with boost guage, wheel locks, auto dimming mirror, alarm.
that was in July. no tax because i'm in oregon.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm so far it seems i got a good price then cause i paid 29,800 plus all fees but i got so many features even the fog lights which are $350. I think my options came over 1100 bucks so i was happy. Also paying with cash is beneficial and best deal but depends on your interest rate. I got 2.9 percent so that is pretty good for an STi. Even i was surprised when the finance officer said he could get me that. So 2.9% percent i think is worth financing and using that money and put it in something else instead paying cash for it. Now if i had gotten 8 or 9 percent, i would of paid up front cause i had the cash available but i rather invest in something else with such a low interest rate. Now what is a better deal?...paying it off when you are getting 2.9% or financing. IMO with that interest rate which is lower then even prime rate......i rather finance it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
jlp7t said:
I paid $30,050 plus VA tax/tags the first week of November for mine. I ended up buying it back home in Page County where I'm from, but it was after I got the exact deal quoted to me in Gaithersburg and e-mailed it to the dealership at home - they had the car I wanted in stock. I got all the same options as you except no armrest extension and no auto mirror. I'm very happy with my purchase and price. The money pit syndrome has begun though, as I'm not quite finished with the stereo yet and already researching downpipes and more..
I live in VA myself and was wondering how much tax/tags/title were going to cost me. Could you shed some light?

-Peace

·
Registered
63 Posts
actually ksikyat2000, you are still going to end up feeding the bank's pocket regardless of your rate. if you can afford to pay cash for the car it shouldn't be a problem to have additional funds to modify the car or money for other investments. If i can't buy it cash i can't afford it. That how i live.
You never know what emergency your you might have in the future, but when you do remember the bank gets their money first before you and your family eat. Because you never know if you go to the food store with the last $500, you gotta catch the bus home because the bank took back THEIR car.

·
Registered
195 Posts
These cars go for what would be $40K+ U.S. dollars in the UK and Japan and they get the 2.0 liter, and the only one you can get the active center diff is $54K in the UK :eek:

I think we're getting a steal 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts