IW STi Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
He sounds like a dousche, as soon as he wrote that he had more invested into his wrx than most sti owners could afford it confirmed my stated opinion!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Nice... Can yall paste it on here I cant see it at work. Thanks.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
555BLACKOUT said:
Nice... Can yall paste it on here I cant see it at work. Thanks.
With what you said about the STi's, when one is equipped with an intake and turboback exhaust, it will hardly be in the 12s. I've driven both on and off the road, which is because I own both. Even though mine is an WRX, but its setup is beyond what an average STi owner can afford, fully built Cosworth motor w/ JUN sequential manual (only one unit used on public roads as far as I know), T67 turbo running 28psi on pump, plus other bolt ons with nitrous, car put down 596whp on C16 and managed a 10.8 1/4 run with full interior and a cage. I am not trying to show off my fully prepped drag/street car, but just to let everybody on this board who don't quite know about Subaru's to get some correct info on how STi runs on the tracks. As some others have said, you need to have at least an intake, full exhaust, fuel pump upgrade, and reflash plus a good driver to get the car into the mid 12s. On the other hand, the EVO with a turboback exhaust, intake, minor fuel system upgrade, reflash, and a boost controller, can get the car into the high 11s with a good driver. I am not saying I am a good driver, but with the above mentioned plus intercooler piping upgrade, I managed a 11.83 quarter. For cornering, the STi's and WRX's have an uncorrectable understeer no matter what you do about suspension tune ups; however, the EVO's are famous for its point and shoot capabilities, with some small changes, it's even better, understeer is non exisitent. On papers, the STi might have better hp and tq, but in reality, the EVO is a superior car to the STi, in both straight line and cornering.
There are so many things wrong with that I don't even know where to begin...

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Well opinions are like....... Well you know, everyone has one. Doesnt mean they are worth squat!!!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
:eek2: Thanks, but Im sorry I read that now........douchebag sums it up....

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here was my response to him:

I'm sorry, but you're absolutely wrong about having uncorrectable understeer, that's just ridiculous considering the fact that a simple alignment can can get rid of any and all understeer and even give you more than enough oversteer should that be what you want. You don't "own both," you own a highly modified 2002 WRX, which is in absolutely no way, shape, or form similar to a 2005 or 2006 STI. Your WRX may have some crazy sequential transmission, but it doesn't have DCCD which is standard on all STI's and easily eliminates virtually all understeer.

If you want to talk about reality, the reality is Mitsubishi cannot even afford to compete in the WRC, and when they were competing they were in essence the Minardi of WRC.

A Porsche 911 GT3 vs. a Ferrari 360 Moden vs. a NSX-R vs. vs. a Ferrari 355 F1 vs. an STI vs. an Evo vs. a Skyline: http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/09-17-06page-Porsche-Ferrari-NSX-Subaru-Evo.htm

So much for an Evo wiping the floor with an STI on the track.

That's reality.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Your gonna make him cry. lol

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
So I'm supposed to care what some douche with a wallet that's bigger than his brain thinks? Sorry no sale. I'll keep the STI thanks.:tup:

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Notice in his sig he has a 9 second focus :confused: :lol: he's probably a 12 year old with a huge imagination and too much time on his hands.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
I know him PERSONALY, and he has EVERY single car he mensioned and MORE. There is other members on this board who have also met him.

He is a very cool guy.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
I was actually referring to the people calling him a 12 yr old.

I am not denying he is wrong about the understeer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
eatV8 said:
I know him PERSONALY, and he has EVERY single car he mensioned and MORE. There is other members on this board who have also met him.

He is a very cool guy.

Really so hard on's travel in packs? Since you know him why dont you tell him to go try to impress someone on a mitsubishi forum because obviously the response he got isnt what he was looking for here.:lol:

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
happy said:
Really so hard on's travel in packs? Since you know him why dont you tell him to go try to impress someone on a mitsubishi forum because obviously the response he got isnt what he was looking for here.:lol:
Did he post here? Someone linked something said on a MB forum. :rolleyes:

and what exactly are you referring to when you are calling me hard on? Hunting in packs?

Little boys who run their mouths witha post count of 13 need to watch where they step. This is now the 2nd time I have seen you name calling. You will not be around long if you continue.

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
one point i agree with is that it does take a tbe and tune to get mid 12's out of a sti, (not the other crap he listed)

an evo 9 can do that with a tbe.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.