IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front windshield UV tint

hey, i'm getting my new sti this weekend WHITE/SILVER, (looks the best i think) and i was just wondering what complaints or problems u guys have had wit ur sti's. I know there's the pinging, and vishnu has figured out how to get by that. any other problems u guys found wit the interior, engine, exterior, wheels, and so on. thanks all replies are welcome, thanks

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Wish the seats were tighter.....wish the steering didn't feel so numb (not speed, feeling), few rattles here and there....

But we're getting picky now. No one should buy this car thinking it's perfect....or bring out the $32k car with no stereo argument. We get exactly what we ask for.....and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I would like a little less pitch and roll. :) Spec-C springs sound verrry nice. I don't want the Spec-C steering rack though, as I still have to, you know drive to work once and a while. ;)

·
Registered
858 Posts
it's too fast... really.

my previous daily driver was a 90 toyota 4runner with the infamous 3vz-e v6 in it with an auto tranny.

0-60 was like 15 seconds.

so you can imagine when i first got my wrx... and now this... :eek:

·
Registered
949 Posts
1.would like a better finish on the steering wheel insert, and around the hvac/stereo area. painted plastics could have been replaced by carbon fiber or aluminum.
2. a pass through in the back seat
3. the plastic material in the steering column behing the wheel is extremely cheap also. (my protege 5 had better material)
4. headliner could be made of something more substantial than grey cardboard!
5. backseat material same as fronts.
6. sti floormats. (inexcusable imo)
7. factory shock sensor alarm
8. make dealers who put their decals on sti's have to eat a handfull of angry hornets!

i just bought a white/silver sti today!
woohoo!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good thing the STi is loaded with soooooo much performance—cause there's more cheap plastic in it (and on it) than your average Dollar Store.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Get use to more attention, every other day people are coming up and asking questions. One day I walked out of the book store and found several people inspecting my car. But my favorite question I get is, "Is it fast?" :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love my car!!! No complaintsat all actually. Great torque. The more power you have the more you want... Now I really want a x50 911 turbo, 450hp. Boxer engine, turbo 4wd... sounds like an STI. Ofcourse I'm dreaming now, but more power will come from the Vishnu stage 1 kit.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Being a previous Impreza WRX owner I honestly can say that I zero complaints. The car is amazing in every way imaginable and if you're going to complain about the interior being cheap you should of purchased a G35 for practicly the same price as the STi.

·
Registered
858 Posts
chrisfx811 said:
8. make dealers who put their decals on sti's have to eat a handfull of angry hornets!
must be a non kalifornia thing... i have yet to see any vehicles from a KA dealer where they like to stick their own sticker or emblem...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Detonation, no floor mats, non-folding back seat, cheap carpet, only 300hp/300tq (hehehe).

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
my knee likes to hit the cruise control lever. i'm tall so there seems to be no fix. adjusting the seat would help that problem but makes driving uncomfortable. wish my car did'nt have it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Resizing or Resampling

too thin doors for really nice speaker fitments, especially the wierd design of the actual door panel, has a wierd sweeping line that makes the potential of putting something really deep in there hard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts