IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2015 Wrx Sti in Dark Galaxy Pearl Blue, and currently have the stock wheel set up.

Im looking to get a dedicated winter set up, and in doing so buy some new wheels.

I am toying with the idea of getting a white set, or possibly gold.
If not im going to play it safe and get black or gun medal.

Id love to see what you guys are runnin on your cars so i can get ideas, so post below <3

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I don't think a white set would stay very clean in a Chicago winter. But it would look pretty good. In general I think contrast looks pretty good, but with your color that should mean bright colors or subdued should look good. I have DGM so I have to be careful with gunmetal and black variants as some shades will look too similar without actually matching.

·
Registered
259 Posts
silver with red wheels that i had custom matched to sti color....why does it say the file size exceeds my limit every time i try to post a picture?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Some sort of gunmetal, I do like these wheels a lot and while not big pimpin volks I have other things to buy first, I would love to find some cheap caps though....from what I have gathered these are drag dr31's, cheapest cap I can find not beat up is 40 a pop....anyway I would love to powdercoat some sort of bronze or gold when I get time and loot:)

I guess while I'm here I had this insane idea of painting my wheels WRB........any opinions? Too much? Unheard of? I don't know I kinda like having cheap wheels that look ok but not perfect:)

Couldn't imagine with my OCD having volks or any other really high end wheel, it might just drive me insane getting a mark or nick on them. But then again painted wheels like really painted with a clear and everything is a whole other world of maintenance....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts