IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone can help me here... I am a member of the SCCA, but I am not sure where to go to race my stock STI... I want to race without doing any type of upgrades or as little as possible if that is the case... If someone could help me out it'd be much appreciated... Thanx

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hmm well you are probably gonna only be able to do auto-x. Any kind of other competition (Hill climb, Road race, rally, etc) will require a full cage and a compliment of safety equipment including but not limited to...

Cage
Fixed back seat
fire suppression
fire suit
helmet
cut switch

-mike

·
Registered
104 Posts
Plus I don't think STi (or virtually any other non-naturally asperated car) is legal for SCCA club racing. At least that's what I got from my quick look through the rule book.

M

·
0 Posts
In autocross, the stock class for an sti is AS. However, that class is generally limited to only a few cars. I auto-x my STi in ESP even though I have very little done to it. I find the competition in that group to be more enjoyable as a much larger range of cars can get in it and the STi is well suited against most of them even when it is stock.

Just remember, at first it doesn't really matter if you are in the wrong group or not. Take the attitude that you are there to drive against yourself. You should strive to do each of your laps better than the last one, and not even worry about what other people are able to do. After a few Auto-X's you should have it down, and you can then focus more on the competition side of it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Grinch said:
Plus I don't think STi (or virtually any other non-naturally asperated car) is legal for SCCA club racing. At least that's what I got from my quick look through the rule book.
Nope,..there is a class for the Sti and Evo, and Audi S4 ,..I know this because there is a car running at Summit Point, what class ,..I'm not sure,.but there is a class. Yes it requires and full cage , the whole nine.

944 turbo guy

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you wish to do time trials, contact your local SCCA Solo I steward, and they will/should assist you in finding out a good spot for your car. Sometimes at the schools, and certain events cages are not needed.

Jason

·
Registered
240 Posts
Anyone know where I can find the "class rulebook"? AS here in SoCal is one of the most competitive classes, and I'm pretty sure I am not legal for that class anyway. My rallycross buddy got stuck in SU because they said they weren't sure where to put him. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Anyone know where I can find the "class rulebook"? AS here in SoCal is one of the most competitive classes, and I'm pretty sure I am not legal for that class anyway. My rallycross buddy got stuck in SU because they said they weren't sure where to put him. Thanks in advance!
is'nt it available at the SCCA website. i always thought that the STi was supposed to run with all the other AWD cars but they slap a restrictor plate on it or something. sorry this is'nt the answer you're looking for but maybe it'll help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts