1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when im old enough to buy one
teeeheeeee...k
thats in...2 and a half years now.
id probably have about....18 grand to spend?
do you think the price of a used sti would drop that low by then? then again, most sti's would be raced out by that time....would it be more worth to just go with a new wrx then? i know that would be over my spending limit but...i dunno, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Dont get STi as your first car, u will kill yourself, total the car, or both. Get a slightly used WRX and enjoy it.. It will be more than u can handle already.. Then when u 21 or older, gotten a few years of experience, look into STi..
good luck..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Or you can get my 2001 yellow Integra Type R. It has 51k mileage on it and is in excellent condition cause I maintaine it very well. I am selling it under 18k.

·
Registered
376 Posts
integras are nice.....man when the first wrx's came out, i woulda told first time car drivers "dont get wrx as you first car, u will kill yourself, total the car, or both. Get a slightly used 2.5RS and enjoy it..." hehe

·
Registered
80 Posts
The person who started this thread is obviously not well. He/she is clinically insane. Please disregard any future postings. :-?

Your first car should be a beater '87 Honda Civic.... Because there has to be some amount of fairness in this world. :cry:

·
Registered
97 Posts
simon13elmont said:
Your first car should be a beater '87 Honda Civic.... Because there has to be some amount of fairness in this world. :cry:
or a 85 Buick Century :lol:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
have you thought of a used turbo japanese car from the 90s or something? ~mkiii supras, rx7s, even 300zx tts can be bought for under 15k$ easy. Then when you know how a turboed car works and are ready to step it up, then go for it. Just do your research and dont rush into anything.

Robert~

·
Registered
12 Posts
when I was in highschool it was always the dream to own the 67 RS Camaro. Go for what you want. If you can afford an STI then shop for a low mileage well maintained one. You shouldn't have any trouble.

of course, in two years you will probably have changed your mind at least a millione times on what car you would like to have.

meanwhile, research and have fun! In my opinion, if you are mature and intelligent enough to save 18k by that age then you will be mature enough to handle any car you decide to buy.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Firstly, my guess is that the 18 grand isn't going to be money that he saved up. I smell mommy and daddy.

Secondly, I doubt you'll be able to find a used STi in two years going for 18k.

Finally, if you're going to have the STi as your first stick, I'm going to rip your nutsack off and do a burnout on it. You don't want a nice expensive car to be melting the clutch off of when you don't know what you're doing.

My first stick was about a 73 isuzu pickup... although I was only 9 years old when I learned to drive it. :) The point is, get something cheap to learn on.

·
Registered
424 Posts
no offense to anyone.. but why is everyone so bitter about the whole "my mommy/daddy bought me this" thing? I say more power to them, they ain't usin their loot. have someone else pay for everything cuz they're gonna need all the money they can get when they're living by themselves... k that was off topic =/

·
Registered
136 Posts
choonzAWR said:
no offense to anyone.. but why is everyone so bitter about the whole "my mommy/daddy bought me this" thing? I say more power to them, they ain't usin their loot. have someone else pay for everything cuz they're gonna need all the money they can get when they're living by themselves... k that was off topic =/
I don't see anything wrong with using mom or dad's money. But I feel toys you buy for yourself are much more fun when you earned it. Too bad I crashed mine right after i earned mine. :roll:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
intake question

I'll say this.

I've had many things bought for me, and I've made a smaller number of purchases myself, with my own money.

When something comes from your own pocket you don't take it quite as much for granted.

·
Registered
424 Posts
oh alright then.. i thought there was somethin else to it.. other than that i understand where you were coming from... food definitely tastes better bought with your own money... or any other object of satisfaction for that matter *cough* STI *cough*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts