IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well, first thing when evaulating quality control is to determine what has been going right, what works, and what has not been going so well.

Document the process, collect data and information from users and then create a plan of action or organization that will make the site more useful and enjoyable.

Personally, I think that the classifieds could be revised into specific categories (ie. drivetrain, wheels, exterior, interior) to alleviate confusion. I know the search button works well, but you can't always think of the twenty different aftermarket manufacturers when looking for a certain product. There are always alternatives, specific forums would help people find these alternatives and or rare/uncommon parts.

·
Registered
237 Posts
+1 for the part specific classifieds.

A sticky with all the different combos of exhaust that work together (ie 3 inch flange vs. 2.5" donut gasket), since exhaust is normally among the first 5, if not THE first mod people do to any car. Maybe a sound clip link next to each one.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Maybe this forum is not the right place for you then. We take pride in the way this forum is conducted over others re: No slang, 1337 etc and the ability to have serious topics without immature idiots post wh0ring stupidity all the time. There is other 17 yr old members, some even younger and they have no problem with spelling. In fact it isn't the spelling it is the attitude and pure lack of skills. I am not the best speller, however I try my best and attempt to construct legible sentences. I recommend you join www.NASIOC.com They are not such old men over there. They like slang however they like to chew out everyone, because thats just how they are immature... I am sure you will fit in...

Good luck :wave:

ryanpietro said:
not be such old men im a kid and use slang and get chewed out by all you ppl. sorry im 17 and cant spell good, and dont be so serious

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Is there a solution yet to the "new posts" button? It still spits out alot of result, 99% of which are not new since last visit

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
I wouldn't have a problem if say...images were banned from the sig's. Or say, 20 lines of single mod's. I've always liked that part of nasioc...and i can't stand it over there.

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
nhluhr said:
i've been pushing for no sigs AT ALL for awhile...
yea i know. I figured you might like the idea ;-) It's one of those things that keeps me from coming around on a daily basis. :-(

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
^^ You know you can go to options and turn off signatures, right?

·
Registered
71 Posts
How about a section/thread/board for seller/buyer feedback for a little more reassurance when buying or selling items. Maybe just a thread with a common format for each post to make it easy to search:

User name dealt with
Item sold/bought
Feedback (positive, negative)
Comments

Just an idea that I think would be helpful and hopefully prevent some people from getting burned.

Matt

·
Indiatr0n in yo IWDPL
8,577 Posts
nhluhr said:
I just really don't like the idea of adding more and more forums when there is absolutely no need for it. This is something I constantly campaign against. You know people have suggested that we have a separate photography forum? Like not just pics of cars (we already have a few spots for that) but just the topic of photography in general. That is what OffTopic is for!
Yeah that's a bit much...especially when there are real photo forums out there already.

·
A.X.D.
5,114 Posts
nhluhr said:
I just really don't like the idea of adding more and more forums when there is absolutely no need for it. This is something I constantly campaign against. You know people have suggested that we have a separate photography forum? Like not just pics of cars (we already have a few spots for that) but just the topic of photography in general. That is what OffTopic is for!
no way! off-topic is a place where whores like nandanrp can go!! ;):D:D

41 - 60 of 368 Posts