IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are working hard to make tweak the final details on the conversion, fix some bugs, and enhance some of the forums to provide a better experience for IWS members and we wanted some of your input about what you think we can do toward that end.

Please post your comments and lets get a discussion going. With a guy like Ben on board the sky is the limit. While free JDM lip spoilers will not likely be offered any time soon, I am sure we can make some good things happen here.

Nivek!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
I would like the "quick response" box active at the bottom of threads.

I generally never use the full "post reply" page unless I am creating a complex post.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I don't think I like this just yet, might be because I'm used to the post nuke site, but...

-There is too much empty space where the user name/avatar/user info is. Plus I don't like the fact that all of that is above each post. It seperates the posts too much.
-What happened to our cool STi related labels based on post count ("the next Tomi Makkinen")?
-I saw that stickies were being removed while updating, but why? Some of those were still pretty useful. Will we be able to see them in the future?
-When I am in a specific forum I can't tell which posts I have already viewed. I would like it if the title to viewed threads changed color.
-Ditto this:
nhluhr said:
figure out a way to go through all the old posts and find links that reference the old postnuke site and redirect them to the correct thread/post on the new vB site.

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
mike_ said:
I don't think I like this just yet, might be because I'm used to the post nuke site, but...

-There is too much empty space where the user name/avatar/user info is. Plus I don't like the fact that all of that is above each post. It seperates the posts too much.
This is a lose lose situation...if you have it how it is now, you have some empty space on the top. If you have it how it was before, you have considerably more empty space on the left side where the user info stops. I think you will like it more as you get used to it.

We have the ability to change it to the left side, so we will be taking a poll later today or tomorrow.

We are also looking in to a mod that would allow you to select Vertical or Horizontal user info display via the user control panel.

mike_ said:
-What happened to our cool STi related labels based on post count ("the next Tomi Makkinen")?
The STi labels didn't disapear. They just haven't been added yet. JJ hasn't woken up yet, we need the list from him :).

mike_ said:
-I saw that stickies were being removed while updating, but why? Some of those were still pretty useful. Will we be able to see them in the future?
The stickies that I and some of the moderators felt were important were left up. We took a lot of them down as they were taking up tons of space and no one was using them. If we took some down that you liked, just tell us which ones they were and we'll make them stickies again.

·
Registered
286 Posts
One suggestion I have for the labels would be to make them user-customizable. I don't know if this is an extra add-on for VBB, but I have seen a few forums like this that allow you to customize the labels.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Kevin, do you happen to have a list of the stickies? That way I can just bookmark them myself so they don't need to take up space for everyone. There were a few that i wanted to look through but never got the chance.

As far as an option to view user info horizontally or vertically...I definitley like that idea.

What other features do we have now that we didn't with post nuke?

·
Retired Admin
3,250 Posts
mike_ said:
Kevin, do you happen to have a list of the stickies? That way I can just bookmark them myself so they don't need to take up space for everyone. There were a few that i wanted to look through but never got the chance.
Mike, I left a copy of postnuke with a database back up current as of March 29th, available as an archive. You can view it any time (no futher posting is allowed) at http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/index.php

mike_ said:
What other features do we have now that we didn't with post nuke?
There are quite a few new features, most of which are only going to be available to the donating members (the people that made the upgrade possible). To see a list of most of the features you can check out the donate page at http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/donate.php

By the way, that was me posting earlier, I accidentally posted using a browser window Kevin was logged in to ;).

Wthermans said:
One suggestion I have for the labels would be to make them user-customizable. I don't know if this is an extra add-on for VBB, but I have seen a few forums like this that allow you to customize the labels.
Yes, this is an option in vBulletin. We have reserved it for the Platinum Members however, as a way to make them stand out and show them how much we appreciate their support.

Also, once we get the list from JJ, all the old STi-style user ranks (like STi Driver) will be shown again. The Donating Member user title will also be shown. For more information on all of that see http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22796.

·
Registered
920 Posts
One last issue (for now :) ) I have my 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' set to instant email notification and that is not working properly. Seems like it must just be a bug from the switch, and it probably isn't only affecting me.

·
Retired Admin
3,250 Posts
squid said:
Could a forum provide more visual distinction between sticky topics
and non-sticky topics ?
I'll look in to that and let you know. :D

EDIT: How does that look? It doesn't completely change the look of the board but it makes the word Sticky bold and red. I think this gets what you wanted accomplished.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'd like the vendor classifieds section to be organized by product type rather than vendor, so that I can browse various vendors' offerings when I'm looking for a certain type of product, rather than searching through each vendor's section hoping to find what I'm looking for.

·
Retired Admin
3,250 Posts
You can always use the search function on the top right of the forum. Just click on the STi Vendor Classifieds category and then click "search this forum" and type in what product you are looking for :).

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ben said:
You can always use the search function on the top right of the forum. Just click on the STi Vendor Classifieds category and then click "search this forum" and type in what product you are looking for :).
I still would prefer to have the vendor forum organized by product, I think having to run a search for what you want every time is cumbersome, and I like to be able to browse the offerings of various vendors by type, even when I'm not looking for anything specific. Pretty much the only reason I go to Nasioc is to browse the classifieds, they're very well organized.

Forums such as: Powertrain, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, Ice, Accessories, etc etc make life easier for the shopper IMO.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Saturn said:
I still would prefer to have the vendor forum organized by product, I think having to run a search for what you want every time is cumbersome, and I like to be able to browse the offerings of various vendors by type, even when I'm not looking for anything specific. Pretty much the only reason I go to Nasioc is to browse the classifieds, they're very well organized.

Forums such as: Powertrain, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, Ice, Accessories, etc etc make life easier for the shopper IMO.
i agree

hmm i cant even type i agree, my message has to be 10 characters long, that needs to be changed too

1 - 20 of 368 Posts