IW STi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

borrowed this picture
was wondering what those black things are called where you drive your car up on it so you dont have to jack it up? and where can i get me some?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,170 Posts
you can get some rhino ramps at a hardware store or something autozone or pepboys for like 30-40 bucks I think...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
they work alright. i find them kind of hard to get on with a stick, but not impossible.

most of th work i do when i jack my car up is suspension so ramps do nothign for me. i guess they'd be cool for working the exhuast.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,081 Posts
I was gonna say, they dont look like they jack up the car high enough
They do look cool though ..

I wonder how much I would have to spend to install a Lift in my garage.. 20-30K Perhaps??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,170 Posts
STi_4_Daddy said:
I was gonna say, they dont look like they jack up the car high enough
They do look cool though ..

I wonder how much I would have to spend to install a Lift in my garage.. 20-30K Perhaps??


nowhere near that...lifts themselves aren't even that expensive...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
STi_4_Daddy said:
I was gonna say, they dont look like they jack up the car high enough
They do look cool though ..

I wonder how much I would have to spend to install a Lift in my garage.. 20-30K Perhaps??
2-4k will get you a nice drive on four post with jack rail. I helped a buddy put one in his garage. He parks one car on top and one on the bottom. Plan to have a half dozen people to help lift/move/assemble one though. We made a day out of it and got it done until it was realized the shipment left out some hydraulic fittings.

As to the ramps, they're Rhino Ramps by Blitz, I have a set. I think you can get them now for around $20 if you shop around and I believe Wal-Mart may even carry them now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ohh thanks guys. at first i saw someone say it cost $40, i thought i'd just spend the extra money to get a better jack. if it's only 20 bucks i might just go ahead and get me a set. two of my friends might be getting subies soon so those ramps might help a bit :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
896 Posts
The ramps are very versitile. Not if your lowered or have a lip tho. I have Rhino Ramps and my front bumper sits about 1/4" higher than the ramp. I'm sitting a stock height with no front lip.
 

·
Registered
2019 WRX
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
I've heard a few horror stories about rhino ramps breaking :scurred:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
SoaReS said:
I've heard a few horror stories about rhino ramps breaking :scurred:
I've had my 3/4 ton truck up on them with no problems. However, they are plastic of some form, and I know my brake cleaner can says not to use on plastic. My guess is if there have been failures they're not totally the fault of the ramp, however it still sucks and you don't really care whos fault it is at the time if you're the one under the car when one goes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
OvrPSId said:
I've had my 3/4 ton truck up on them with no problems. However, they are plastic of some form, and I know my brake cleaner can says not to use on plastic. My guess is if there have been failures they're not totally the fault of the ramp, however it still sucks and you don't really care whos fault it is at the time if you're the one under the car when one goes.

all the more reason to buy a jack and jack stands. it takes like 3 minutes more to setup and i trust them a lot more.

either that or dig a trench
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top