IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Nope, 32k is the most I'll pay.

If that means one of the first STis comes home with me because MSRP is 32k, great.

If that means the STi won't come home until I can get it for less than MSRP, so be it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
$32k USD is about .. what is CAD... ummm... $45k?
That's what I'm expecting to pay for it... although I am kinda bracing myself for possibly $50k CAD.... (please DON'T be!!!)

·
Registered
117 Posts
According to my dealer, the STi is going to range anywhere between 50 and 55K CAD, with no markup - so far 2 cars are not spoken for so I don't think they are planning on price-gouging like I have heard in the states (not much demand here). I am willing to pay this price, though hopefully closer to $50K, but I am still holding out for the estimate given to me awhile ago by the dealer rep at about 10 to 12K over the WRX price, putting the STi at around $48K CAD.

Anything over $55K, even with the sale of my WRX and my bike, will be putting me over my cost threshold and the STi will have to go bye-bye.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey I agree with the 32k but anything over that is just outragous :eek: ....so do you guys think it will go over 32k??? :x i hope not, cause then i'm gonna have to go with a regular WRX..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
most signs were pointing to 32k... but some rumors now say 33-35k... i think 32 is my max... i cant pay more and will "settle" for an Evo if i have to

-Shahul

·
Registered
67 Posts
I will pay MSRP or lower, nothing higher! What ever SOA decides to put MSRP at I am sure will be appropriate for the amount of performance we are getting in the STI. :wink:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well i got some bad news for all of you :cry: ... i went over to my mitsubishi dealership just to see the Evo 8 in person and the msrp is supposed to be $30k but the dealers jacked up the price to $40k and in some other cities they will be a higher price. so just think what the price of the STi will be like if it is supposed to be a couple of thousand dollars more expensive then the Evo 8.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
wrxsti said:
so just think what the price of the STi will be like if it is supposed to be a couple of thousand dollars more expensive then the Evo 8.
true, unless you have a pre-order msrp guarantee from a dealer and put down a *refundable* deposit, which most people here have.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hello there 2003STi. I just wanted to see if you have already ordered an STi? I am a Subie dealer in the Quad Cities (about 150 miles west) and would love to help you get a good deal and get treated with respect! :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
gear selector indicator

I know we all complain about the price of the STi, but in order to keep ourselves grounded we have to look at what we are getting for the money - in terms of performance that is. Sure you can always say that there are other cars with similar performance for a lower price (like the 350Z), but what it comes down to is that there is basically NO other car that can be directly compaired to the STi (even the EVO might be a poor comparison). No other car is as capable on pavement, dirt, gravel, and for those who it effects even snow when you are looking for a competitive car. Yah, thats right - snow. For those who garage their WRX's during the winter are missing out - the WRX goes like the wind in deep snow (with proper winter tires that is).

I would also be curious to know how many of those people which bitch about the price buy the car anyway. See the car in person and I bet the price is no longer a concern.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats probably true...once I see it I will probably want it even at 34k... but I just cant afford over 32-33... Im ansy because the EVO is out, here and now...

-Shahul

·
Registered
46 Posts
ok guys i just spoke to my subi dealer and he told me the STI is gonna be 31k to 35k so there's one speculation.....so i guess us poor people :cry: :cry: are in suspense now... :cry: cause i really don't think that the STI is worth that much and shouldn't be overly priced than the EVO :x

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Not this topic again. :roll:

MYSTi said:
I know we all complain about the price of the STi, but in order to keep ourselves grounded we have to look at what we are getting for the money - in terms of performance that is. Sure you can always say that there are other cars with similar performance for a lower price (like the 350Z), but what it comes down to is that there is basically NO other car that can be directly compaired to the STi (even the EVO might be a poor comparison). No other car is as capable on pavement, dirt, gravel, and for those who it effects even snow when you are looking for a competitive car. Yah, thats right - snow. For those who garage their WRX's during the winter are missing out - the WRX goes like the wind in deep snow (with proper winter tires that is).

I would also be curious to know how many of those people which bitch about the price buy the car anyway. See the car in person and I bet the price is no longer a concern.
Right on MYSTi!!! This is what I keep trying to tell people.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Personally I'm hoping the people that bitch are the ones in front of me on the waiting list. I'd like my number to decrease :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its not about performance for the money 100%...thats a big part of it, dont get me wrong.... but the Z06 is a STEAL for the money... but I cant afford one... hopefully I can afford the STi...

-Shahul X

·
Registered
99 Posts
$32-34K for MSRP, not paying 1 red cent for dealer markups.

If it is more, I am getting a EVO and dumping the extra money into mods.

·
Registered
117 Posts
hatchy said:
$32-34K for MSRP, not paying 1 red cent for dealer markups.

If it is more, I am getting a EVO and dumping the extra money into mods.
The first thing you should mod on that EVO is the entire front end of the car - butt ugly. You might be regreting your decision when a STi pulls up next to you.

But thats just me - I am seriously biased towards Subie. i have just not heard ANYTHING good about Mitsu's - has alot to do with the fact that Mitsu is faily uncommon here in Canada (but Subies abound), and the EVO isn't coming north of your border, so most people up here ignore it.

But feel free to change your mind and go with the EVO - I am sure there are people behind you in the waiting list wanting to get their cars sooner.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts